Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    <Edit>

Code:
    I didnt want to include my previous post in this one

but I was gearing this towards people that either were 

mobile detailers or didnt have access to hot water ;P 

just click on the word post below for more info.

And thanks for the positive feedback guys.
    </Edit>

So in reguards to my previous post I decided to pick up a bucket heater.

https://millerharness.com/product.as...cd2=1164529520 seems to be the location that has it for the least amount of $$$ it was about 30 dollars shipped!

If you do decide to purchase it there, in the comments section, write something like "gltovar@sbcglobal.net told me to get this for cold weather detailing. http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/81850-cold-winter-water-solution-bucket-heater-pics.html" I dunno if they`ll do something for me, but ya never know :chuckle:

in a 10qt bucket I had to fill it up a bit higher that I`d like to to have the water line reach the top of the heat shield, so you`d probably do that and then pour it into another bucked to lower the levels.

This is ideal if you get your buckets filled with water then have them heating while setting up every thing else.

The water heats where the top gets warmer than the bottom initially... so maybe you might want to use the unit to gently stir the water once or twice from time to time.. but I will eventually heat all the water.

Other than that, I couldnt be any easier, the unit seems to have failsafes like if the water depth gets too low, it will shut off or if the internal thermometer isnt working it shuts off.

There is no way to control the temp so you will have to feel the water from time to time. and unplug it and take it out when its at a temp you like.

Any way onto the good stuff:

This is its box.

The size of the unit compared to a 1 gallon bottle of APC+

The start of a 5 gallon bucket of water:

5 gallons luke warm:

5 gallons really warm:

5 gallons interior cleaning ready hot:

2 gallons start (1:14):

2 gallons a bit warmer than luke warm:

2 gallons interior cleaning ready hot:

Louis Tovar - Smooth Reflections

Mobile Detailing and Paint Rejuvenation

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting . . . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    I never knew they sold these here... back in the day this is what some people used to get warm/hot water for their baths.

Let us know! Sounds like a good solution for all you poor winter-suffering Autopians!

(or you could just move to sunny Florida )

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sold yet...I can run in and put hot water in from the tub much quicker than waiting for that thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    Im not sold yet...I can run in and put hot water in from the tub much quicker than waiting for that thing.
    You`re right and I`ll be using the bathtub too.

These fellows are thinking about the times when they don`t have a bathtub handy, like when they`re mobile detailers working in a stranger`s driveway or at a site that doesn`t have warm water.

For those guys, these heaters are a godsend and worth their weight in gold, providing a touch of comfort and efficiency at a difficult time of year.

I`d buy one of these in a New York minute if I needed one, thanks to deadlock checking them out.

Deadlock32 has done a wonderful job doing all the investigative work on these things, removing any doubt about how well they work. I might buy him a brew, should he ever come to my neck of the woods, for his hard work.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC

These fellows are thinking about the times when they don`t have a bathtub handy, like when they`re mobile detailers working in a stranger`s driveway or at a site that doesn`t have warm water.

For those guys, these heaters are a godsend and worth their weight in gold, providing a touch of comfort and efficiency at a difficult time of year.

I`d buy one of these in a New York minute if I needed one, thanks to deadlock checking them out.

Deadlock32 has done a wonderful job doing all the investigative work on these things, removing any doubt about how well they work. I might buy him a brew, should he ever come to my neck of the woods, for his hard work.

-John C.

Right there with `ya....Thanks for the legwork Deadlock.

VERY intriguing product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it is a very intriguing product, and it will likely have its place in detailing.

However, I am a "tub guy." since I pretty much work on my own car. Two buckets of hot water allows me to wash and rinse my mitt while washing.

If it is any colder than that (freezing temps), then it is see you later.

My garage is not heated, and so, I will just do the "wand wash" when winter really sets in, just to get all the winter crap off.

Nontheless, I can see where this "warmer" has a place.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you can use it in less that 10qt of water? You said you had to fill your 10qt bucket up more than you liked but then you stuck it in a 2 gallon bucket? Were you just comparing it to the time it took to heat the 2 gallons and didnt care that it wasn`t up to the line?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC

-John C.

I didn`t even think of that, thanks for clearing things up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a bad thing if you have an outlet (120v with GFI) close and only have cold water. Good find if you need it.

For me, I just fill (2) buckets in the kitchen sink with 120 degree water while using ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLibby04
    So you can use it in less that 10qt of water? You said you had to fill your 10qt bucket up more than you liked but then you stuck it in a 2 gallon bucket? Were you just comparing it to the time it took to heat the 2 gallons and didnt care that it wasn`t up to the line?

The 10 qt bucket was filled to 9 qts... just over 2 gal... but normally i`d fill a 10qt bucket to like 6-7 qts when doing QEW/ONR so the mitt doesnt cause it to over flow.
    Louis Tovar - Smooth Reflections

Mobile Detailing and Paint Rejuvenation

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that I am loving this heater. The last two days have been in the lower 30`s when I started. I carry a little 1 gallon tall igloo thermos jug. Fill it with about a gallon of water and add the heater. While it heats I do the windows, vacuum and such. In a short while the water is very hot (140-200 degrees). I dump it in my wash bucket water and it is nice and warm. First thing I noticed was I didn`t have to wear my gloves. My hands are very happy. Next thing is the cars clean up faster. The warm water helps a great deal with the heavily soiled areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting with some good info!

Post Thanks / Like
    great post. very informative.

i don`t think i need one but it`s cool to know there is such a thing if i change my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    A much better choice is a heated bucket. Like this one.

You can get them at any ag supply store. They are used to water livestock in the winter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information