Post Thanks / Like
    My question is how are you guys doing it? Last week I had a detailing to do on a 90degree day and under direct sun light, it came out terrible a lot of waterspot on paint and glass. I had the most of the trouble on the washing stages as water and soap kept drying on surfaces. How do you guys avoid this from happening on your cars, any methods, tips, tricks, products will be much thanked, thx!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to keep the car wet throughout my washing process. It is quite challenging, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to know also how the mobil detailers do it. I have to wash in the shade and polish in my garage. In the middle of the summer I don`t know how you go to someone`s house to detail their car and only find a place that is in direct sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on using XMT polishes which are formulated for direct sunlight and work well, as well as Optimum.

For sealants, I plan using Duragloss which also works in direct sun. Also, Poorboy`s Natty Blue is a carnauba paste wax that works well in direct sun.

As far as rinsing and washing, I`m going to buy a 2 part water filtration system for spot free rinsing. The only real trick is glass cleaning for hot glass is very tough to do. I plan on using a cheap glass cleaner for getting any built up dirt or dust off, and then will use either an applicator pad or the PC and apply Klasse AIO to the windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    All You Can Do Is Wash The Car In Sections.and Dry Right Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Whitethunder46, I use products formulated to be able to use in direct sunlight and work smaller sections at a time. I`ve used mainly Poorboy`s and have always had great results from them. Despite the products I do still try to avoid detailing in the direct sun, especially when the temps are above the mid-80`s. For long jobs I finally invested in a small canopy which helps out despite having to take the time to set it up. I figure an extra 10 minutes at most is well worth the advantage of shade, and usually makes the job MUCH shorter in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our water isn`t too bad but with dark cars in the hot sun I tend to use QEW. At the very least I`ll do the top surfaces with it drying as I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s QEW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    What`s QEW?

quick easy wash. It`s what the no-rinse wash fans used before ONR. Actually, I should say that some people still use it, but its the "older" no-rinse wash (I guess one could say that).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David703
    I`d like to know also how the mobil detailers do it. I have to wash in the shade and polish in my garage. In the middle of the summer I don`t know how you go to someone`s house to detail their car and only find a place that is in direct sunlight.
    hi every one pro detailers use a special formulation wax thats made for waxing in direct sunlight and wash one section of the car at a time to prevent water spots I know i own and operate mdandpservices in highland ,ca Untitled Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Some use an easy-up canopy to make shade.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR by sections....no spots to worry about....thats what I do....otherwise its a conventional wash

Post Thanks / Like
    i use onr and qew thanks to alot of guys on here. i do a section at a time. even while polishing in direct sunlight i have minor issues to deal with.

1. short work time on polishes

2. increased levels of dust

3. lack of choice in polish and lsps

other than that i have yet to come across a problem washing in direct sunlight since switching to onr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would a water filtration unit help with water spots?

Also, what if the car is very dirty? Can you still use ONR?

Thread Information