Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    hi guys not posted on here for a wee while

would like to say a few things about this post

for starters well done to paul for getting miracle detail to this level and this is the level that others can ony strive towards to

i have spoken to paul in the past and is very helpfull with the detailing matters and with other matter`s

on the subject of the clip that was on fith gear it would be very hard to get everything in a short clip and also the people that is involved with editting it down would not know to much about detailing and was aimed at the normal joe public

so paul if your reading this post and i`m sure you are keep up the good work mate

mike

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. I would be a HUGE detailing enthusiast if all I detailed were Enzs and Aston Ms!

P.P.S. Why do people always bring this vid up!!
    People bring it up because it is a superstimulus for the average guy.

People think that if it an Aston or Ferrari then it must be oooh & aaah because these are sooo extraordinary. These are just normal cars, with normal paints, and often they represent a lower quality/build tolerance level than for example a "generic" Japo compact. But the average man PERCEIVES the brand and therefore the product as an aural excess. Certain emotional aspects can blur the view. If you have two 1.5 sq. m pieces of sheetmetal bought for the same amount of money; what happens when you let them press into fenders? One will be a Kia Rio, the other will be a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. They are basically the same sheetmetal pieces, only the geometry has changed. Yet the costs are different. And you believe this??? No. Not the costs are different. The perception is different which show how emotional (and somewhere stupid) is the human race. This added perception determines a highly subjective *value*.

If you have two Golf VR6s in your garage, you technically already have a Bentley/Audi W12 engine (two VR6s on a common crank) - except the 2 turbos. But you have more because you have 2 cranks, 2 oil pans, etc. Yet you still won`t feel that you have a Bentley W12.

An Enzo is a serious thing when you consider the carbonfiber work, the engine and the components. But when a one-off car, like the Glickenhaus 612 P4/5, which is based on the Enzo, can generate twice as much downforce... well, that puts the original Enzo aero concept in the shadow.

Sum up: a car can never be more than a sum of its parts. YOU can add more to it, but it always will based on your subjective perceptions. You decide if you let these factors rule your world or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    :clap: :clap: I agree Bence.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s interesting, the more "high end" cars I work on the more appreciation I have for mass produced cars. In almost *all* cases (almost) the paint on a Toyota Corolla is better than on a Ferrari 599.

Miracle Agent - good of you to post here. I always thought Miracle Detail was pretty cool - I realize a lot of Autopians are "as good" detailers, but there Paul (and obviously his crew) have positioned Miracle Detail in an excellent way via good work and solid marketing, so good for you guys. Cheers.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your comments guys.

I will ask Paul about the wheel cleaner issue when I talk to him next, but I`m pretty sure P21S wheel gel is now his preference over Zymol. However, he is `performance loyal` not `brand loyal` and mixes and matches products depending on application, price, personal preference etc. He`s pretty fussy, as you can imagine.

As Bence says, a lot of stuff is over-hyped and plays on people`s emotions, but there are physical costs involved too. The mass produced metal panel for a Mazda etc. will be produced in far greater numbers than the Ferrari one, for example, and benefit from economies of scale. Because the dealer don`t shift as many, but has to keep it in stock just in case (for maybe ten times as long), they have higher stocking costs so mark it up more. Only then do you have the `Ferrari factor` added to the normal price.

Rgds

MA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miracle agent
    Thanks for your comments guys.

I will ask Paul about the wheel cleaner issue when I talk to him next, but I`m pretty sure P21S wheel gel is now his preference over Zymol. However, he is `performance loyal` not `brand loyal` and mixes and matches products depending on application, price, personal preference etc. He`s pretty fussy, as you can imagine.

As Bence says, a lot of stuff is over-hyped and plays on people`s emotions, but there are physical costs involved too. The mass produced metal panel for a Mazda etc. will be produced in far greater numbers than the Ferrari one, for example, and benefit from economies of scale. Because the dealer don`t shift as many, but has to keep it in stock just in case (for maybe ten times as long), they have higher stocking costs so mark it up more. Only then do you have the `Ferrari factor` added to the normal price.

Rgds

MA

Thank you very much, that would be great. I was also wondering (im sure I could come up with questions for days on end so will keep them to a few at a time) why Paul is not a member of any online forums. I know that people like to bash him and sometimes thats hard to take but none the less. I know i am an addicdit when it comes to detailing my car and love to read. learn, and watch detailing along with actualy doing it.

Ok last question for the night I promise. If you get the chance (sorry to take up your time as time is money) would you please ask paul if he has any advice for somene looking at becoming a zymol certified detailer. I am looking at doing it in Canada so I dont thin i will steel any business. I have fallen in love with zymol and want to pass that ont my customers. i know he has been through it and was just wondering if he had any fellow tips for the obsesive compulsive detailer

Sorry to take up all this time, but hey theres no harm in asking

Thank you

-Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    He is a member of the Pistonheads.com forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Calgarydetail

Paul prefers and uses P21S wheel gel; probably a mixture of performance and price.

Regarding lack of forum activity, he is a member of many forums and does read them occasionally, but he simply does not have time to become a full-time member of these communities. He is one guy, working long hours - 7 day weeks are not unusual as he hates to turn away last minute bookings from regular clients. Also, because he has a high public profile, it would be easy for people to snipe at him; having to justify everything would take a long time and some people just like to argue anyway. I have tried to help matters by explaining who he is and what he does.

Re Zymol Authorised Detailer status, Zymol in the UK are asking for a significant amount of money to trade as an authorised Zymol detailer. Paul had been authorised without charge for years but found this demand to be uneconomic and not in his interests. He has therefore withdrawn his authorised detailer status (with no ill effects to his business). There are other reasons why he is happy to scale down his association and involvement with Zymol, some of them are personal, some professional (products, trade relationship etc.).

So Paul would advise detailers to ensure it is in THEIR interests to become an authorised Zymol detailer as he has found that it is not in his. Don`t do it `just because` other detailers do it. Do it because it works for you and your business. Remember, Zymol has some good products and some amazing publicity (a significant amount worldwide created by myself and Paul in 2007) but if you are charged for authorised status it becomes an economic decision. There are other products out there, many of which Paul have found to be equal or better to their Zymol equivalents, in his opinion.

Regards

MA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miracle agent
    Hi Calgarydetail

Paul prefers and uses P21S wheel gel; probably a mixture of performance and price.

Regarding lack of forum activity, he is a member of many forums and does read them occasionally, but he simply does not have time to become a full-time member of these communities. He is one guy, working long hours - 7 day weeks are not unusual as he hates to turn away last minute bookings from regular clients. Also, because he has a high public profile, it would be easy for people to snipe at him; having to justify everything would take a long time and some people just like to argue anyway. I have tried to help matters by explaining who he is and what he does.

Re Zymol Authorised Detailer status, Zymol in the UK are asking for a significant amount of money to trade as an authorised Zymol detailer. Paul had been authorised without charge for years but found this demand to be uneconomic and not in his interests. He has therefore withdrawn his authorised detailer status (with no ill effects to his business). There are other reasons why he is happy to scale down his association and involvement with Zymol, some of them are personal, some professional (products, trade relationship etc.).

So Paul would advise detailers to ensure it is in THEIR interests to become an authorised Zymol detailer as he has found that it is not in his. Don`t do it `just because` other detailers do it. Do it because it works for you and your business. Remember, Zymol has some good products and some amazing publicity (a significant amount worldwide created by myself and Paul in 2007) but if you are charged for authorised status it becomes an economic decision. There are other products out there, many of which Paul have found to be equal or better to their Zymol equivalents, in his opinion.

Regards

MA

Thank you, that info is great. Please thank Paul for me

-Michael

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information