Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my car in for service, and I think they washed it in an auto wash! What should I do??? I think I`m going to inspect under halogens and apply like 4 more coats of Z2/Z5.

Ahh I`m so pissed! They told me "No, we didn`t wash it! Don`t worry!"

Post Thanks / Like
    If they added swirls….

A well thought out email expressing your disappointment and trust in the dealership’s ability to properly care for your property while in their possession is due.

You’ll need to complain at a level where they will recognize the potential loss of a customer and future $$.

I don’t know about BMW dealerships, however Ford Motor Company has arbitration services available through customer support, communicating my disappointments through these channels in the past has delivered the proper attention and results to my complaints.

Good luck.

RET

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if they washed it, you are to blame. Unless you request otherwise, most dealers will wash your car when it comes in for service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im going to play devils advocate on this....

IF they washed the car they did it thinking you were a part of the 95% of their other customers that would have appreciated a wash after a service.

Soooooo.. with that said there is REALLY no need to push the issue as far as ret described. Look over the car, check for SCRATCHES (not swirls), and if the car has swirls... fix them and take it as a lesson learned to actually verbally ask them not to wash it in the future.

Besides... if I was a part of that 95% that appreciates a wash after a service and all of a sudden they stopped washing cars after services because some guy had a fit over some swirls then that dealership might lose me as a customer. Know what I mean?

Id just live and learn on this one.
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    They were specifically told not to wash my car, ever. I told the service advisor 3 times not to wash it. The first when I dropped if off, and the other 2 via phone when we were discussing the issue.

There are new swirls on the roof, but not the hood? (At least I think..)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergray
    They were specifically told not to wash my car, ever. I told the service advisor 3 times not to wash it. The first when I dropped if off, and the other 2 via phone when we were discussing the issue.

There are new swirls on the roof, but not the hood? (At least I think..)

That is one tid bit I would have included in the original post. (that they were told not to) :nervous:
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 35TH LE
    IF they washed the car they did it thinking you were a part of the 95% of their other customers that would have appreciated a wash after a service.

IMO, Doesn’t matter if 95% of the customers would like their car washed after their service is complete, service departments aren’t in a position to â€Assume†anything with other people’s property, they should define all services that they plan to deliver.

RET

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we take our cars for service at the dealers we discuss no car wash please with the service writer and before signing to have work done it is hand written on the copy to the service area. Also I use scotch tape [post it notes can fall off] and plain white paper with the words - Please do not wash - Thanks for reading - and then tape to the inside rearview mirror, the speedo gauge and directly in the middle of the steering wheel securing this piece top, bottom and sides. Overkill probably, car has not been washed since and the porter says he really appreciates the notes because it is his JOB to have every car washed and this backs him up if the BOSS questions why no wash on that vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta agree with that. Taping notes (not using post-its) all over does do the job.

Also, it gives the service people an out when they are asked by the service manager why they didn`t wash the car.

It takes 2-3 minutes to equip your vehicle for "non-wahsing." Worth the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    not to mention what % out of those 95% do you think would appreciate swirl marks induced if they actually knew what one was? i would like my fluids checked and could you please marr my paint for me when finished? wouldnt happen, staying in the dark and pretending something thats aweful in this business is acceptable does nothing for the movement needed in this profession.

Post Thanks / Like
    you don`t think the signs would irritate the service manager?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it would... the guys who wash cars would be glad not to have to wash one.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, totally aside from the swirls caused if the dealer washes your car, what about protecting the fenders if they`re working under the hood? I mean, the mechanic is going to be leaning against the car to get under the hood for a lot of jobs, so does anyone have a suggestion on protecting the paint if they know this is a hazard. I don`t know if many mechanics still use the fender protectors that drape over the side, but even those seem like they would easily cause marring.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for the fenders, most reputable body shops use drop clothes on the fenders. Sure it MIGHT scratch it a little.... but it is better then no protection at all!

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of service instructions for dealers usually have instructions to put protective cloths over areas where they will be. For example, I installed some pedals on my tC today, and the instructions that came with them (for the dealer who usually installs them), it states to put protective blankets over the side skirts and over the floormat.

I think eventually it comes down to whether the mechanic is lazy/ill-equipped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information