Thread: Please Critique

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

Im expecting my PC to come anyday now and Im excited like h*ll :bounce ! Planning my battle strategy now and hope you guys can help to critique it for me :nervous2: .

I have a mica black Toyota ride with light swirls.

-- After wash and clay --

1) LC Orange Pad with FK #17

2) Meg Yellow Pad with Klasse AIO

3) Meg Beige Pad with Klasse AIO *

4) Klasse SG X3 by hand **

5) RMG by hand **

6) Collinite Double Coat by hand

7) Meg #26 High-Tech Wax by hand ***

8) Upkeep with CG Prodetailer /w Carnauba Wax

I know it is an ambitious agenda but I as you can see, I am trying to pile on everything to achieve durability plus super wet shine, and will complete it slowly. Not to mention that combined curing times will take approx 4 days :soscared: ! I know it`s crazy but I hope to get it done.

My questions are:

1) * Will it make a difference if I skipped step (3)?

2) ** Are steps (4) and (5) in the correct order of applying KSG and RMG? I have never used a glaze before. Any tips?

3) *** Should I apply the #26 via Meg beige pad with PC to save time. Will I get a better or lousier result?

I hope to achieve proper Autpian results and hope you guys can help.

Cheers.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sWISHbrade

-- After wash and clay --

1) LC Orange Pad with FK #17

2) Meg Yellow Pad with Klasse AIO

3) Meg Beige Pad with Klasse AIO *

4) Klasse SG X3 by hand **

5) RMG by hand **

6) Collinite Double Coat by hand

7) Meg #26 High-Tech Wax by hand ***

8) Upkeep with CG Prodetailer /w Carnauba Wax....
    I would skip #3, #7, and most likely #5.

#3 because it isn`t really needed after already doing #2, #7 because I`m not sure that would improve on the Collinite (but you can try it), and #5 because RMG has some (mild) cleaning ability that might compromise the SG. I also question how RMG would perform/look on top of SG.... as a glaze I would use it after polishing. In this case you wouldn`t use it before AIO because it would get cleaned off. You also can`t use it after AIO because SG wouldn`t bond properly.

I think your goal should be to get several coats of SG (3 - 6) on there and then top with Collinite for some great winter durability. Come spring you can change things up a bit if you want a different look.

I`ve never used FK17 so I can`t comment on what it will or won`t do. I would apply everything (except SG) with the PC. The Collinite will be much easier to get a thin coat using the PC. Either pop it out of the can or use a small plastic putty knife to apply a "thin" coat to the PC pad.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep +1 - skip 3, 5 & 7.

Post Thanks / Like
    +2, 86 out three five and seven.

FYI typically glazes are used before LSP`s like sealants/waxes, to further refine the finish after polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    I would skip #3, #7, and most likely #5.

#3 because it isn`t really needed after already doing #2, #7 because I`m not sure that would improve on the Collinite (but you can try it), and #5 because RMG has some (mild) cleaning ability that might compromise the SG. I also question how RMG would perform/look on top of SG.... as a glaze I would use it after polishing. In this case you wouldn`t use it before AIO because it would get cleaned off. You also can`t use it after AIO because SG wouldn`t bond properly.

I think your goal should be to get several coats of SG (3 - 6) on there and then top with Collinite for some great winter durability. Come spring you can change things up a bit if you want a different look.

I`ve never used FK17 so I can`t comment on what it will or won`t do. I would apply everything (except SG) with the PC. The Collinite will be much easier to get a thin coat using the PC. Either pop it out of the can or use a small plastic putty knife to apply a "thin" coat to the PC pad.

Thanks guys! These are really helpful tips for a newbie like me. Saves me a heck of a lot of work too! hehe

It`s just that I`ve never used Collinite Doublecoat and RMG before and have always been impressed by the #26 deep shine. I thought the Doublecoat may lose out on this but I`ll "eye" it once the Doublecoat is completed.

If I were to use RMG on top of the AIO, may I know if there are any good durable sealants out there which are proven to bond well with RMG?

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Swish, I`d say you probably have it backwards, although I don`t know much about rmg..however typically you`d do the glaze step before the AIO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t use AIO after RMG because the cleaner in AIO would take off the glaze.

I`ve used Poorboy`s EX-P on top of VM, so that or EX would work OK on top of RMG, but they don`t have the durability of SG or other sealers like Zaino, JW, etc.

I`d save the RMG until spring, and if you want that black mica to look seriously deep and wet use the VM, RMG, and then top it with CMW . No need for AIO, just make sure that black paint is properly polished free of all swirls for best results.
    John

Thread Information