Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my newer customers just sprung for a new BMW as I reported in my "Dealership Strikes Again" thread a couple weeks ago. Supposedly the dealership won`t even talk to her about the issue and won`t return her calls - what slime-balls (Kearny Mesa BMW in San Diego).

How should I advise her to proceed?

And you know the halograms are bad if my lousy camera phone can capture them - I usually have a real hard time getting swirls and halograms to show up on pics taken with my camera phone!

Post Thanks / Like
    By "talk to her about the issue" do you mean she has GONE to the dealership in person, and showed them the "work" they`ve produced and they won`t even talk to her while she`s FACE TO FACE with them there?

If she hasnt` gone down there personally and requested someone higher up, then now would be that time. Failing that, I`d call the head BMW office and possibly file a complaint. Many times Autopians have gone to the head office of their manufucturer, said the dealership their having the issue with, and all of a sudden said dealership seems to be more helpfull about the issue. So I think perhaps when the dealership gets a call from head office saying here`s the problem, deal with it now, their more apt to....

Side note....That`s some seriously HORRIBLE hologramming. I swear you have to TRY to put holograms like that in the paint. I don`t think I could do that bad if I intentionally wanted to :/
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were her I would have refused to take that car back home after seeing that kind of *damage* they cannot possibly say that is caring for a vehicle. What a bunch of crooks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent question. And I don`t know the exact answer - I do know that she had an appointment with the salesmen who sold her the vehicle last week...but I can`t confirm that she actually went. It`s a "sensitive" issue (initially she was somewhat upset with me if you can beleive it for telling her that her that new car doesn`t look very good cause the dealership buffed it improperly"...kinda the "ignorance is bliss" syndrome), so I`ve treaded the issue lightly with her ever since. When I asked her about it...all she said is they will not even return her calls.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    By "talk to her about the issue" do you mean she has GONE to the dealership in person, and showed them the "work" they`ve produced and they won`t even talk to her while she`s FACE TO FACE with them there?

If she hasnt` gone down there personally and requested someone higher up, then now would be that time. Failing that, I`d call the head BMW office and possibly file a complaint. Many times Autopians have gone to the head office of their manufucturer, said the dealership their having the issue with, and all of a sudden said dealership seems to be more helpfull about the issue. So I think perhaps when the dealership gets a call from head office saying here`s the problem, deal with it now, their more apt to....

Side note....That`s some seriously HORRIBLE hologramming. I swear you have to TRY to put holograms like that in the paint. I don`t think I could do that bad if I intentionally wanted to :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    If I were her I would have refused to take that car back home after seeing that kind of *damage* they cannot possibly say that is caring for a vehicle. What a bunch of crooks...

It was completely overcast and she didn`t see it till she brought it to me for sealant application - I didn`t even see it initially till I washed it and the sun started coming out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with mcnab. If she isn`t getting satisfaction from the dealer, face to face, she needs to go above them and file a formal complaint. Most dealerships want to be a star peformer for their manufacturer to use in their advertising and complaints filed against them will hurt their status in that regard. Getting a call from corporate about the issue may be what it takes to get them moving on it.

Regardless of the outcome, whoever did that to her car should be fired on the spot and his final check garnished to help pay for the damage. What a complete and utter moron to have done crap like that to anyone`s car.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe everyone should link this page to the dealer`s contact page, letting them know people are aware of the crappy job they do? I already have...

https://secure.webmakerx.net/Contact...ofsandiego.com
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    So much for BMW "Ultimate Service" That`s insane!

She needs to contact BMWGNA to inform them that she will be returning the vehicle back to the dealer as refused delivery due to dealer abuse.

Contact BMWUSA: http://www.bmwusa.com/Contact/ContactBmw.htm

They will take action to correct the issue, but do it ASAP!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds fishy to me... the story she is telling you I mean. The dealer won`t return her calls? Seems odd, are they psychic? They know exactly why she is calling? She hasn`t shown them the car? I`d be willing to bet she never contacted them as most consumers are likely to take the abuse and not complain. She isn`t smart enough to call the regional office and complain? I think there is more to this than she is telling you.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`d have to agree with DFtowel i doubt she is actually calling the dealer or she did call and it was busy and she hung up. I bet the dealer doesn`t even know whats going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to guess, she did in fact show the salesmen...she had told me he was very interested in seeing what was going because he was new and didn`t even know what swirls were. So I assume she`s showed it to them. And they defenitely know why she is calling cause she told them "the paint has circular scratches everywhere."

I`ll find out more today.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    This sounds fishy to me... the story she is telling you I mean. The dealer won`t return her calls? Seems odd, are they psychic? They know exactly why she is calling? She hasn`t shown them the car? I`d be willing to bet she never contacted them as most consumers are likely to take the abuse and not complain. She isn`t smart enough to call the regional office and complain? I think there is more to this than she is telling you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Maybe everyone should link this page to the dealer`s contact page, letting them know people are aware of the crappy job they do? I already have...

https://secure.webmakerx.net/Contact...ofsandiego.com

I`m going to let her try once more and then I too will give them a piece of my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates?
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski

She needs to contact BMWGNA to inform them that she will be returning the vehicle back to the dealer as refused delivery due to dealer abuse.

Contact BMWUSA: http://www.bmwusa.com/Contact/ContactBmw.htm

They will take action to correct the issue, but do it ASAP!

Deanski

AGREED. Work up the chain of command. Playing "dirty" will not get her very far.

This issue is very resolvable and I would imagine that the "higher-ups" would jump at a chance to relinquish a relationship with someone who just purchased a new vehicle from one of their lots. She NEEDS to call someone in charge. A poor salesman (such as hers) is done with there job either after they feel the person will be giving them business no longer. When she returned with a complaint, he checked out.

I would start with the service manager and if she doesn`t get a confirmation of reimbersment (for your services ), ask for each persons overseer until **** gets fixed!!!
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAG
    I`m going to let her try once more and then I too will give them a piece of my mind.

Why in the world would you step into this. If she isn`t motivated enough to get them to make it right then so be it. She`s happy with your work, I assume. Life is good leave well enough alone.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information