Post Thanks / Like
    I was testing out my new 4`` yellow pad on my car tonight, I`ve been trying to correct some swilrs and deeper scratches but nothing seemed to work. I got some HT-EC and started buffing a little area. After some minutes 2-3 I cheked the area and found this.. My question is did I went through the clear? I feel like I didn`t polished the are where this appear. but anyway when I did noticed I touch the area and it was really HOT. DID I missed the whole thing.

This is how the area on the trunk lid looks now..

Hope this work out

Post Thanks / Like
    were you moving the pad across the area the entire time...or did you hold it on that one dull spot the whole time? i highly doubt you burned the paint...but it is POSSIBLE w/ a 4" pad on the PC...just very unlikely. it looks more like tons of hazing...and you should go over it with a lighter polish and orange pad...then down to a white pad.
    2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to say...see if it gets better or worse when you go at it with a milder polish.

It doesn`t look as obviously damaged/burned as my MPV did when I screwed it up with the PC/4" combo, that looked just like I`d taken a rotary to it (badly).

This is a reminder that you really do have to be careful when using a 4" pad, it`s not nearly as foolproof as the larger ones and you have to inspect a lot more often (and keep it moving).

BTW, depending on the vehicle and its paint thickness, that scratch might be something you oughta just live with. I don`t remove stuff like that on the MPV, it`d leave the clear too thin (that vehicle has very thin paint from the factory).

Thread Information