Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious how most of us wash our cars during the winter months, myself having no garage will have to use "touchless" wash, or do it yourself wash bays, which leads me to my second question, how much of an effect does these washes have on my prepped paint with Klasse twins and NBlue as a topper? with excessive washes will the sealant dissapear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Living in Louisiana has it`s benefits. The winters aren`t very cold and it pretty much never snows here. However in the winter (jan - march) I plan on buying a portable heater to put it in my garage and wash my car in there. Before I just use to wash it outside and have my hands turn purple, not anymore.

I`ve heard that touchless car washes use a more agressive cleaner in their soap because they are compensating for not having brushes to "clean" your car. So I would imagine it will degrade your nuba fairly quickly. If you go with a sealant like Zaino you should be able to get more washes without it degrading your LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had the same questions and concerns here lately as I live in Iowa. In looking at some recent threads on the issue, I have decided to order some ONR for the winter washing. When it`s just too cold to be dipping hands in water, I will be adding the ONR solution to a pump up sprayer, and soaking it down with this in a coin-op, then using clean water rinse only, followed by the spot free...then I can bring it home and touch up if desired. I tried this with just a car soap solution the other day and it worked great. Let the soap do the work, and don`t get too close with the pressure wand, and I dont think it can hurt the LSP at all really. The ONR should be more effective than the soap I imagine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Louis Tovar - Smooth Reflections

Mobile Detailing and Paint Rejuvenation

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately having a heated garage and hot/cold feeds in there as well make it quite nice no matter what season it is. If you don`t have the ability to pull this off your next best option would be a touchless wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    wish i had a heated garage and was able to wash indoors, ill prob just go w touchless washes, maybe go to a few hand operated ones, esp for rims, and wheel wells ect

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlock32
    thxs for the link :2thumbs:

Thread Information