Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone! I am new here. I just recently got back from training. I have some money and I bought a truck but they put a nastly white sticker on the back tail gate. I was searching around on the forums and found a few different posts, but was looking for a product that will definently work and not take the paint off or shine. I am new to detailing so I would really appriciate your help!

Thanks

:usa

Post Thanks / Like
    A blow dryer will melt the glue and make it easy to peel off. Then grab some goo gone, prepsol, tar remover, ect and remove the adhesive.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I took off my dealer sticker, I used a hair-dryer to heat up the sticker and then just picked it off with my fingernail. After the actual vinyl lettering was off I used some Tarminator and a Clay Bar to remove all the adhesive residue left behind.
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    yup, exactly what others have said here. My dealer put on one of those puffy vinyl stickers (one piece) on my car, and I took it off the day after they put it on, so basically all I needed was a hair dryer, a little bit of goo gone. I then hit the area with some wax (since goo gone would take off any wax I`d imagine).

On my sister`s car (I also removed the lettering from that), they use those annoying individual stickers (looks like the dealer name is painted on). Same thing works for those. hair dryer, and you might have to hit it with some goo gone once in a while to loosen it up a little more. Gently use your fingernail or try to get a loose edge and pull gently (don`t want to rip off the little bit you have to pull with).

It`s actually pretty easy, it just can take a little time depending on the type of decal.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about if the sticker was removed but the adhesive residue was left on? It`s now hardened. Will degreaser or goo gone take this off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooked - some GooGone or Prepsol should handle that easily. Even something like Klasse AIO or an APC might take it off.

I`ve removed lots of dealer stickers with just a hair dryer and my fingernail. My old boss`s truck actually had individual stickers for each letter of F-O-R-D.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks White95Max. The sticker was a big circle about 12" across was removed a while ago and has been baking in the Florida summer sun ever since. So I hope that I`ll be able to dissolve it with the above mentioned products.

P.S. It`s not my car!

Thread Information