Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just trying to find a good Detail Spray and Bug and Tar Remover. I usually use Meguiars Detail Spray because it is so easy to get. I have used bug and tar remover before but it was GOO Gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    For bug remover I like an alcohol+water mix. Others keep saying great things about Tarminator. You`ll get a variety of answers about the detail spray. Depends on what you are looking for... best cleaning after a light dusting/ best shine / adding most protection/ price ? What`s important to you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have great results with Tarminator for bugs and tar, it literally melts them away.

As for detail spray, I have had excellent results with my Adams QD. I`m going to invest in a gallon of FK1 425 as soon as my last little bit of Adams runs out as per everyones suggestions in a recent thread of mine. Everyone has their own personal needs and preferences so just experiment with stuff and see what you like/
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    Give Adam`s Detail Spray a try, you`ll love it- no streaks, high gloss and smells great

Post Thanks / Like
    A very good b & t remover is Long Haul. The company apparently went boobs up and most Big Lots have bunches of the stuff for just a few bucks.

E-Jag

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag
    A very good b & t remover is Long Haul. The company apparently went boobs up and most Big Lots have bunches of the stuff for just a few bucks.

E-Jag

agreed. i`ve been using long haul bug & degreaser (better than tarminator, imo) for a while now and it hasn`t let me down yet, and not to mention for a huge bottle for only $3, you can`t go wrong. i think i may go pick up a few more bottles as they won`t be around much longer...

Post Thanks / Like
    i also give adams detail spray some kudos, a very good product.

i have used it with 4 different types of clay, proves just as every bit effective as the lubes those clays have come with, and i find it easier to wipe.

also works fine for both carnuba, polymer, and arcylic lsp`s - no cleaners, no fillers, just gloss enhcnacers and shine agents.

i have also contemplated bathing in it . . because the smell is simply wonderful . . . but that woudl be crazy . ..
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    The smell is great, isn`t it? The best part about it is that everytime I walk past the truck, i smell it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me tell you now, watch out for using a QD with pink in it if you have a white vehicle. Eventually, not that long though, you will see some pink/purpleish spots throughout. It happened to me using CGs Spray Wax. Really no big deal a polish or glaze will take it out, but still.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats bizzare . . . I have not used the QD you are discussing, but I do use the Adam`s and on plenty of light colored vehicles . . . personally I have never had spotting issues with the Adam`s line, which is pink in color . . . do you have pics . . . ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdizzle
    thats bizzare . . . I have not used the QD you are discussing, but I do use the Adam`s and on plenty of light colored vehicles . . . personally I have never had spotting issues with the Adam`s line, which is pink in color . . . do you have pics . . . ?

No pics. It`s not there anymore the Menzerna Acrylic Jacket took it off. The Adam`s is not as pink as the CG stuff, it`s diluted. This did happen after I would say of about 2 weeks of basically every 2-3 days of QDing.

Post Thanks / Like
    gotcha. i knew the CG stuff and Adams were similiar if not the same . . . oh well, it makes good, cheap clay lube.... i think im gonna give FK a try for my regular QD.

On a side note, I have found that Automagics BODYSHINE no. 49a works very well for pad conditioning, and general QD needs . . anyone else use this . . ?

Post Thanks / Like
    long haul QD ain`t too bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LangMan37
    long haul QD ain`t too bad either.

it`s funny you mention that, because a week ago i was detailing a friends car and grabbed the qd by accident (both the bottles look the same) and it worked well on the tar, dirt, oil, etc.. as well :chuckle: .

Post Thanks / Like
    yep, the qd, tire shine and bug remover all come in about the same kind of bottle. Look before using is the key. I think all four work rather well. The 4th being the polish. I`ve got 2 bottles of the polish, 6 B&T removers, 3 tire shine and 3 QD`s. Man I love BIG LOTS!

Oh and 4 sets of the 4 pack for $4.99 each. These might make a nice gift for clients.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information