Post Thanks / Like
    So I detailed my suv and after using OP with a PC@5 w/ 7006 Megs Cutting pad then I went to FPII w/ White LC. Well on one side I applied Klasse AIO and then I decided that I would just go straight to the P21S Wax. Well I look at my suv in the sun and I see Holograms on one side only (Klasse side).

Any Inputs? I`ll have some photos by tuesday....

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    hologramming due to lsp? i don`t think so. if the aio wasnt properly removed you should just go back over it with a clean mf. i find it hard to believe that aio is the culprit if hologramming is truly what youre looking at. please post pics for some of us to better see what youre working with.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to look at the applicator or the towel you used to remove the aio as the culprit. I know I`ve had that problem before.

Post Thanks / Like
    holograms are inherently a rotary problem - it would be a chore to accomplish somthing like a hologram with a PC let alone a hand job . . . I seem to get great results applying AIO with a white pad and removing it by hand, perhaps you could try applying it with a black pad? Good luck man . . .

You get your backing plate issue resloved?
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I don`t think you can make holograms with a PC if you tried and certainly not with AIO which is a chemical cleaner.

I could see how it might clean/reveal holograms/marring that were already there, but that suggests that your OP/FP II polish didn`t remove them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeysdad
    Yea, I don`t think you can make holograms with a PC if you tried and certainly not with AIO which is a chemical cleaner.

By popular belief among some of the die hard PC finatics(not me), you could marr the paint with a PC. They claim that you can remove paint with a PC, so I assume that then you can also cause swirling too. Yes, it`s much easier to do with a rotary, but if an abrasive type product is used, along with improper methods applied, it could happen. Not saying that this is the case with this problem, I`m just talking out loud.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, very perplexing. What you are seeing is probably not what most of us call "halograms." AIO can be difficult to remove if not applied evenly and promply, so maybe that is part of the problem.

I would do a h20/alcohol wipedown and reapply a pure sealant by hand and see what happens. If that doesn`t work then I`d go back to polishing with Optimum and then reapply the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it`s marring instead. Well I pretty much got my new Edge Pads and went to work, I hit it with FPII and topped it with P21S....Looks great and no marring or hologram looking defects on it now.

Chris

Thread Information