Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys. I have a 2000 celica GTS 6 speed. It is carbon blue (very dark blue, looks black at night). For the past couple years, all I have used were store products to get a half assed detail done. I`ve decided that I want to purchase some real products (zaino, etc.) to get the best detailing job done that I can get.

So basically all I`m asking is where I start. I have an orbital buffer (I think it`s orbital?), some microfiber towels, and that`s about it. I want to purchase the basic detailing products to get the spiderweb scratches out and get that perfect shine.

I would appreciate some product recommendations to get me started. I know I have to order them online, so just give me a website that has the best products and best deals. Thanks guys!

Here is my car. As you can see the carbon blue color looks black, but it`s a very dark blue.

And here are my old products:

Post Thanks / Like
    For one of the best websites around, check out AutoGeek.net

You said you have an orbital polisher, do you know what the brand or model is? I know it probably isn`t what you want to hear, but the only orbital that has any real correction power is the Porter Cable (or the DeWalt equivalent).

As for products, it will depend on how bad your swirl marks and spider webs are. I`m a huge Optimum fan, so naturally I`m going to suggest Optimum Compound and Optimum polish. I doubt your car is anywhere near bad enough to warrant the Hyper Compound though. Use the OC for knocking down some of the deeper marks and then use the OP to get the finish perfect.

In terms of a wax or sealant, it all depends on what your needs\wants are. If you want the best of the best shine, most people agree you should go with Pinnacle Souveran, but for almost everyone that wax is way above their budget. Zaino is also another highly praised LSP, though I have no personal experience with it. I use, at the moment, Collinite #845 IW for my wax and I absolutely love how it highlights the metallic flake in my car, its incredibly durable, is fairly cheap, and can be found OTC in a lot of places.

Warning - Now that your in pursuit of the perfect shine, you have already been infected by the Autopian Disease. For the rest of your days you will walk across parking lots scoffing at how poorly maintained most of the general populations cars are and will spend hours on end making sure that your car is in no way able to be confused with one of those "inferior" machines. You will be able to tell in a rainstorm which cars are waxed and which aren`t, and you will be able to tell in sunlight which cars are polished to perfection and which cars are swirled to hell. Welcome to the community.
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or hit up these two....

Good stuff here

And Good stuff here too :thx
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ZTSfocus
    For one of the best websites around, check out AutoGeek.net

You said you have an orbital polisher, do you know what the brand or model is? I know it probably isn`t what you want to hear, but the only orbital that has any real correction power is the Porter Cable (or the DeWalt equivalent).

As for products, it will depend on how bad your swirl marks and spider webs are. I`m a huge Optimum fan, so naturally I`m going to suggest Optimum Compound and Optimum polish. I doubt your car is anywhere near bad enough to warrant the Hyper Compound though. Use the OC for knocking down some of the deeper marks and then use the OP to get the finish perfect.

In terms of a wax or sealant, it all depends on what your needs\wants are. If you want the best of the best shine, most people agree you should go with Pinnacle Souveran, but for almost everyone that wax is way above their budget. Zaino is also another highly praised LSP, though I have no personal experience with it. I use, at the moment, Collinite #845 IW for my wax and I absolutely love how it highlights the metallic flake in my car, its incredibly durable, is fairly cheap, and can be found OTC in a lot of places.

Warning - Now that your in pursuit of the perfect shine, you have already been infected by the Autopian Disease. For the rest of your days you will walk across parking lots scoffing at how poorly maintained most of the general populations cars are and will spend hours on end making sure that your car is in no way able to be confused with one of those "inferior" machines. You will be able to tell in a rainstorm which cars are waxed and which aren`t, and you will be able to tell in sunlight which cars are polished to perfection and which cars are swirled to hell. Welcome to the community.

My carbon blue also has metalllic flake in it, so maybe I should get that wax. How much does it cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any more tips guys?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    clay bar

ZPC with an orange pad and PC

Z5pro

Z8

Z6

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by card00d85
    My carbon blue also has metalllic flake in it, so maybe I should get that wax. How much does it cost?

I got mine from http://www.mactecllc.com/ with free shipping for $14.25.

That bottle should last forever, Ive done 6+ cars with my bottle and Im just now getting down to where the red writing on the top of the bottle is.
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ZTSfocus
    For the rest of your days you will walk across parking lots scoffing at how poorly maintained most of the general populations cars are and will spend hours on end making sure that your car is in no way able to be confused with one of those "inferior" machines. You will be able to tell in a rainstorm which cars are waxed and which aren`t, and you will be able to tell in sunlight which cars are polished to perfection and which cars are swirled to hell. Welcome to the community.

SNAP!

RET

Thread Information