Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, just picked up my new car, a Ford Focus RS.

It will hopefully get its first clean next weekend and I was just restocking my supplies, so thought I`d make this post while I`m ordering stuff and the credit card is out.

I plan to do the following:

Wash

Meg`s clay bar

Menzerna Intensive Polish (with Porter cable)

Menzerna Final Polish II (with PC)

2 x coats of Meg`s NXT wax.

Now, the condition of the pain is pretty good and low on swirls so I don`t want to be too aggressive.

My concern and main reason for posting is to ask, do you think the NXT wax will offer enough protection coming into winter? Or should I buy some kind of sealent? Its not something I own or have ever used so I`m looking for your thoughts.

I presume it would be used after the menzerna steps and before applying the final wax?

Thanks, Bryan.

(PS pics are within an hour of getting the car home, so its far from clean and was getting dark!)

EDIT: got my FTP working so better pics

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont find the nxt wax lasts long at all....why not put on some collinite 476 for winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Where would be the best place to buy some?

Could you also recommend a reasonable priced "every week" polish. One that I could use every week or two to give a nice shine and decent protection. I also found the NXT didn`t last long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, just to update a little. I have just had a good look at the paint and it looks like the car has been well looked after, no swirl marks really. A few fine scratches that I will try and remove with scratch-x or Megs speed glaze.

So next weekend I plan to:

Wash,

Clay,

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection,

Poorboy`s Natty`s Paste Wax Blue.

Hopefully this will give a good shine and a lot of protection. What I really need is for you to recommend a 1 stage polish/wash that I can use every time or every second wash I give the car. Needs to be easy to use, quick, pretty cheap and offer a decint level of protection/shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must say, I`m extremely envious of your car. Being a person who frequents sites like focaljet.com and focusfanatics.com, your car is like the holy grail to about 95% of the users on those forums. They live for the day that ford will bring the turbo Euro Focus to the US.

For durable protection you cant go wrong with Collinite (476s or 845). I have personal experience with the 845 and absolutely love it. Some people will say that 845 doesn`t look as good as other waxes, but IMHO it looks just as good or better than everything Ive ever used (mainly OTC megs, etc... waxes). You can get Collinite HERE, although I don`t know if they ship internationally.

If your swirl marks aren`t bad/non-existent your best bet would be to go over the car with the Menzerna FPII and on the scratches use the IP. You really shouldn`t need an "every week" polish, as long as your using good washing techniques and good drying techniques, the marring to your paint should stay very minimal.

If you really wanted a polish/cleaner, I would recommend Klasse AIO. Its a very light abrasive and a strong chemical cleaner that offers a decent amount of protection.

Once again, nice car and keep up the good work :2thumbs:
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, the RS is a highly sought after car with only 4501 ever being made. So happy to get one.

Isn`t the AOI a little abrasive to be used often? Doesn`t it also strip the old wax?

Think I will go for the Collinite 476 and if I want an extra shine I will use the Poorboys blue wax or P21S.

EDIT: Here is a closeup of the paint with camera flash, it had just stopped raining so its still got some dirty water on it:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcN
    Hopefully this will give a good shine and a lot of protection. What I really need is for you to recommend a 1 stage polish/wash that I can use every time or every second wash I give the car. Needs to be easy to use, quick, pretty cheap and offer a decint level of protection/shine.

Optimum Car wax is a spray wax that should take you no longer than 10 15 minutes to apply after each wash. I`ve experienced pretty good durability from it here in Atlanta, GA. Never been to Scotland, so I dont know what kinda of elements you`re dealing with. OCW has looked great on every color that I have used it on. Here in the states it runs about $15.99 or so for 17 ounces. You shouldnt need to apply it after every wash, but even if you did...it would still last a good long while as you use so little per application. I think it may be what you`re looking for.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO, I don`t think, is recommended to be used often because of the strong chemicals in it. AIO only offers mild protection if used by itself and is meant mainly as a step to prep the surface for application of Klasse Sealant Glaze (or other sealants). It will definitely strip off all the wax and basically everything above the clearcoat.

The only other thing I can think of that you could apply every week that offers decent protection is Zaino`s Z8. Though its not really a polish ... its essentially just a weaker spray form of Zaino. You could also try Aqua Wax.

Edit - I love the new pics, the interior of that car is gorgeous!!
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, if only they made those here in the US - are those BREMBO brakes on that beast . . .? WOW, nice ride, and aweseom color.

I use AIO/KSG myself, but colinite products are superb, I would like to try them.

IMO - i think AIO is a great surface prep following polish, especially if yoru going to be using another type of sealant . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, if only they made those here in the US - are those BREMBO brakes on that beast . . .? WOW, nice ride, and aweseom color.

I use AIO/KSG myself, but colinite products are superb, I would like to try them.

IMO - i think AIO is a great surface prep following polish, especially if yoru going to be using another type of sealant . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Thread Information