Thread: wheel wells

Post Thanks / Like
    What type of brushes do you guys use to clean/dress the wells? I`ve tried using the power puff brush to clean the wells but sometimes it doesn`t clean the wells all the way.

I`ve been using AA foam spray to dress tires but it streaks sometimes too. Just purchased a bottle of mop n glo and will try it out as soon as I find something to apply it on with.
    Mobile Auto Detailing

-Tu Nguyen

Post Thanks / Like
    I leave the brushes on the shelf now, spray with APC, then pressure wash - wells, tires & wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rinse down the wheelwellswith water then spray`em with an APC and hit the wells with any brush that will fit or pick up a wheelwell brush. I purchased Mothers wheelbrush its of nice quality buy i have yet to try out the wheelwells brush for now i use one i picked up at walmart and does a nice job..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeysdad
    I leave the brushes on the shelf now, spray with APC, then pressure wash - wells, tires & wheels.

Forgot to ask for alternative to pressure spraying the wells since I don`t have one. :nervous:
    Mobile Auto Detailing

-Tu Nguyen

Post Thanks / Like
    Any tips/advice would be helpful. Thanks!
    Mobile Auto Detailing

-Tu Nguyen

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on what kind of car you have for what works best to clean it. If you have a lifted RAM 2500 then any old tire brush will work because you don`t have any tight places to get into. In my situation, my car is lowered (not much, but its lower than OEM) and the easiest way for Ive found is to pressure wash them after spraying some APC or some wheel cleaner in there. Maybe you could try turning your wheels and scrubbing the exposed areas.

Other than that, I take my wheels off once every 2-3 months to wax the rim and while the they are off I give everything in there a good scrub.
    2003 CD Silver Focus SVT ZX5
    2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

"You can always tell the way a man takes care of himself by the way he takes care of his car"

Post Thanks / Like
    If well is large enough I`ll use a tire wheel brush. Smaller wells I use the rubbermaid blue brush from Target. Forget the name but handle with rod that has chennile type cords. APC is used. To dress, I use and old tire wheel brush that I put tire dressing on with. If it`s too narrow, I just trigger spray it in. I don`t like to spray dressing but if it`s narrow enough I will. Sometimes if it`s not so hot that the car is going to dry quickly I will spray dressing in the wells after I`ve washed but before I`ve dried. Other times I spray the wells before I`ve washed the car. I sometimes have to touch it up if water gets in the wells during the wash.

Thread Information