Post Thanks / Like
    I recently learned that subaru mixes the white paint with the clear coat, instead of applying a clear over the white paint. I think they only use this method on the aspen white and the red. Has anyone heard of this before? and should I be using unique polishing techniques for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s not unusual at all, my 97 Lincoln has the Tri-Coat paint which uses a tinted clearcoat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDrew06
    I recently learned that subaru mixes the white paint with the clear coat, instead of applying a clear over the white paint. I think they only use this method on the aspen white and the red. Has anyone heard of this before? and should I be using unique polishing techniques for this?
    Where did you hear this? My `04 2.5RS is Aspen White, it certainly doesn`t look to me like it has any clearcoat at all, I suppose it could be there though. I thought it was single stage. Regardless I don`t think anything really special needs to be done when polishing. It does seem as though it is a softer paint (at least mine is). I`d touched up a few rock chips then wetsanded and SSR 2.5 via PC was able to completely remove all the sanding marks. Good luck!

- Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    I read this on NASIOC.com....Seems to be a softer paint? HAHAHAHHA...my paint chips if I look at it the wrong way. My car has 22k miles on it, and If I tried to fix all the chips in the paint I would need a gallon of paint. I think I read that subaru`s paint sucks so much because it is very environmentally friendly paint. I`m not going to bother fixing chips and such, I`ll just let it do its own thing, and when it`s time for a repaint i`m going to get the white M3 paint. It looks so damn sexy.

Post Thanks / Like
    tinted clear gives more of a single stage look. rather than more reflectiveness a traditional clear gives, they use tinted clear to try to duplicate the depth of a SS with the duability of a regular BC/CC system.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow i didn`t understand a word you just said.

Post Thanks / Like
    and when it`s time for a repaint i`m going to get the white M3 paint. It looks so damn sexy.
    Alpine white is a beautiful color
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I read this on NASIOC.com....Seems to be a softer paint? HAHAHAHHA...my paint chips if I look at it the wrong way. My car has 22k miles on it, and If I tried to fix all the chips in the paint I would need a gallon of paint. I think I read that subaru`s paint sucks so much because it is very environmentally friendly paint. I`m not going to bother fixing chips and such, I`ll just let it do its own thing, and when it`s time for a repaint i`m going to get the white M3 paint. It looks so damn sexy.
    Hehe.. I`m a member of NASIOC as well, and no offense to those guys, but don`t take much you read there as gospel especially as it pertains to paint. I`ve also got a bunch of chips, I fixed a bunch when I bought it, and will probably do a "touch up" day every six months or so. Mmmm... M3 White... nice!

Thread Information