Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Every morning i get dew all over my car....sometimes right after i polished the windows and i`ll have some dew spots

Post Thanks / Like
    Use an LSP on your glass ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Get some NR and do a quick wash with it in the morning if you have the time. NR works well on windows, especially if all they have on it is dew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing you can do about it, except park inside a garage...

If you let the dew evaporate a bit before driving off, you won`t get any drips or anything that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does putting a LSP such as UPP spear with windshield wiper usage?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d get a window squeegee for now for the windows only. For the winter, I`d get the window sno-off cover which works very well during overnite freezing temps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried some LSP`s but they only seem to make the problem worse(more beading), is there anything that really promotes sheeting well, maybe that might help? Its a hassle to clean off the windows before driving off in the morning, only for the dew to return half way down the street.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to post this (but have been lazy).

We have to first figure out how the condensation gets there, which is a difference in temperature between the air outside the car and inside the car.

I have a temporary solution; discovered accidentally last week. Leave the window open a crack. Must less condensation will form.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCGP
    I was going to post this (but have been lazy).

We have to first figure out how the condensation gets there, which is a difference in temperature between the air outside the car and inside the car.

I have a temporary solution; discovered accidentally last week. Leave the window open a crack. Must less condensation will form.

Just check the weather and make sure its not going to rain Also drive with your windows open for awhile.

Personally I`m more concerned with my sealant application not getting enough time to cure because first thing the next morning there is condensation all over the paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Aren`t LSP`s formulated to work on clear coated paint? This includes the properties it carries for curing and bonding.

How does glass benefit from a product made for something entirely different?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try RainX, that might work.

Post Thanks / Like
    rain x has gotten some mixed reviews on here, do a thread search - it does work fairly well on rain, but dew? hmmmm.... and you will strip most of the rainx if you use a squegee anyway . . .

i like the window crack idea, but I can see some potential problems with that as far as your interior is concerned. . . .

nothing really beats just cleaning them off every moarning. You would need a good time frame to let any wax or sealants cure - and i would imagine a carnuba lsp on glass would effect wiper life and effectiveness . . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t intend to steal your thread here, just looking for peoples suggestions on a similar issue.

The morning dew is KILLING me..I`ve got a black daily driver that Im very anal about keeping clean. In the spring / summer this isn`t a problem.Every morning when I leave for work, my black car is covered in a layer of dew. I have no choice but to drive it. With several coats of FMJ topped with Natties it beads well, but every morning after washing it`s already dirty. Where I live right now, garage parking or even covered parking is not an option. I`ve thought about getting a car cover and using that @ night, but Im very concerned about the change of marring if I use a car cover, especially if the wind comes up during the night and flaps the cover against the paint at all.

Any ideas fellas on what I could do? I could wash my car every 2nd day at this pace and not be able to keep up...It`s frusturating!! It drives me nuts to have my car dirty all the time
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    I don`t intend to steal your thread here, just looking for peoples suggestions on a similar issue.

The morning dew is KILLING me..I`ve got a black daily driver that Im very anal about keeping clean. In the spring / summer this isn`t a problem.Every morning when I leave for work, my black car is covered in a layer of dew. I have no choice but to drive it. With several coats of FMJ topped with Natties it beads well, but every morning after washing it`s already dirty. Where I live right now, garage parking or even covered parking is not an option. I`ve thought about getting a car cover and using that @ night, but Im very concerned about the change of marring if I use a car cover, especially if the wind comes up during the night and flaps the cover against the paint at all.

Any ideas fellas on what I could do? I could wash my car every 2nd day at this pace and not be able to keep up...It`s frusturating!! It drives me nuts to have my car dirty all the time

Same thing happends in Toronto. I have a suggestion but, it may or may not kill you... "Live with it". I`ve given up on keeping the daily driver, parked outside, clean. Dew on the entire car, every morning. The beads are interesting, but after collecting dust overnight, I wouldn`t touch the paint.

It sucks, but hey, we are in North for a reason, this is just one downside of it. :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWWW
    I have a suggestion but, it may or may not kill you... "Live with it".

A concept many of us have a hard time dealing with...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information