Okay, I made a post a while back about my 04 honda accord, white, that I just got from Florida. The car had obviously been sitting for a while, as there looked to be a haze of light dirt on the trunk lid, along with water spots. There also looked to be light streaks on the hood that weren`t coming out with washing.

Originally I was just going to have someone detail it. So I looked up a business close online and went there. It was a pretty nice shop, but it looked like a pull in and get buffed and pull out kind of place. There was younger guys working in the shop, cleaning crummy looking vehicles.

Anywho, I talked to the owner about my problems. After rubbing his dirty finger on my newly washed car, leaving a brown spot on my paint, he told me my paint was oxidized and it looked like someone had waxed over the oxidation. He then proceeded to do his dirty finger rubbing method over spots on my hood and rooftop. He said he wasn`t sure if he could get it all out, but he`d buff and polish it. He said it would be 80 bucks for both. I then asked if they clay bared the vehicles, and he said only if there is overspray, and if he wanted me to clay bar it`d be 195 bucks.

I asked him what he thought about the water spots, and he said "well, that`ll be extra because I have something different to take those off with.."

But basicaly he said the paint was oxidized pretty bad, which didn`t make sense on a car only a few years old, but anywho.

A couple months back I sold my PC, which I never used but thought I would, to a buddy of mine for like 50 bucks or something, and I called him up and asked if he wantred to sell it back, and we agreed on 30 bucks.

So my question is, what do you guys think thus far? What suggestions do you have for steps, pads, products to use, etc? I would take pictures, but it`s difficult to see even when you`re standing there, but it bothers me. I`d basically retarded when it comes to the polishing thing, so if one could help me out with which pad to use with which product, and the steps, it`d be mucho appreciated. This whole ordeal is getting me a bit down, but hopefully it cleans up nice...

Off to cleaning off the spots the guy put on my car. :spot