Post Thanks / Like
    Sup fellas! My brand new TL left the lot less than 2 months ago. Who knows how long its been sitting there. So when i got the car home, i quickly washed and waxed with Megs Gold Class. The result looked pretty good.

It`s been 1.5 month now since i washed my car. I went out and bought some new products from megs: tech wax, megs clay bar, and megs tech detailer.

So tomorrow i will try to attemp to do the following steps by hand:

1. wash w/ megs nxt shampoo

2. clay

3. rinse w/ water

4. wax w/ megs tech

For the next step, should i spray with my megs tech detailer or should this be done before the 4th step?

Also, i heard if i want to get a wet/shiny look on my car, on top of my wax ,do i use some carnauba product? If so, could somebody please recommend a product and if it`s compatilbe to what i am using (megs tech wax).

thanks in advance

3G_BlkTL

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a good starting setup into detailing, your new car shouldn`t need more. Although some people will recommend a maintenance polish.....

A lot of people like Duragloss Aquawax as a last layer..myself included. Goes on super easy and shiiiiiiiiines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3G_BlkTL
    Sup fellas! My brand new TL left the lot less than 2 months ago. Who knows how long its been sitting there. So when i got the car home, i quickly washed and waxed with Megs Gold Class. The result looked pretty good.

It`s been 1.5 month now since i washed my car. I went out and bought some new products from megs: tech wax, megs clay bar, and megs tech detailer.

2. clay

3. rinse w/ water

4. wax w/ megs tech

For the next step, should i spray with my megs tech detailer or should this be done before the 4th step?

Also, i heard if i want to get a wet/shiny look on my car, on top of my wax ,do i use some carnauba product? If so, could somebody please recommend a product and if it`s compatilbe to what i am using (megs tech wax).

thanks in advance

3G_BlkTL

Sounds good. On new cars, sometime the paint has a period where it cannot be buffed/polished.

personally, Id go with a long lasting sealant to wait out the new car status of the paint vs. the megs wax. Look at Duragloss 105 toped with Duragloss Aquawax spray, or maybe klasse.

Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

2. clay

*3. megs deep crystal paint cleaner (available otc)

4. wax w/ megs tech

*5. spray wax of your choice (i personally like mothers fx spray wax, also available otc)

*try this...

Post Thanks / Like
    might I suggest, wash with meg nxt, clay, *STEP 3 Color X (since it both cleans and helps with light swirls) and its OTC and has a little bit more bite than DCPC...then tech wax liquid or paste, I find the liquid goes on easier with a pc, and then I use the AW if I can find it or nxt spray wax after every wash so durability isn`t really ever a factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank all for your suggestions. Now, what am i to do w/the meg tech detailer?

Can i do this since this is what i got?

1 meg shampoo

2 meg clay

3 meg wax

4 meg detailer

or use the detailer before wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    i refuse to offer any advice without pics of your new TL.

check out the thread of mine in Click and Brag...i have a 3G as well...love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah that will work, I use the detailer throughout the waxing process in the event that dust is accumulating or also to help get wax off if its being stubborn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank all for your suggestions. Now, what am i to do w/the meg tech detailer?

Can i do this since this is what i got?

1 meg shampoo

2 meg clay

3 meg wax

4 meg detailer

or use the detailer before wax?

the nxt speed detailer is meant to be used in between washings and is more of a qd than a booster wax. your order of 1-4 is fine, it`s just that after you clay, a paint cleaner (will remove light scratches and contaminants) will make a good base for the nxt...

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I`m with this guy thats why I suggested color x because it cleans, removes light scratches and also has a decent protection factor..plus its OTC and only costs like 6 bucks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    yeah I`m with this guy thats why I suggested color x because it cleans, removes light scratches and also has a decent protection factor..plus its OTC and only costs like 6 bucks

yeah, i`m thinking he may not want to wait for the colorx to dry after working it in since it is a strong cleaner wax (doing two similiar steps back to back). that`s why i suggested the paint cleaner. i agree though, colorx is excellent and is probably my fave megs product...

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah for being so cheap I can`t believe the results and I like the smell I Color X`d my whole bathroom hard surfaces with my cyclo this weekend, haha it was raining I had to try it out...man what a shiney smooth bathroom

Thread Information