Post Thanks / Like
    Well, i`m finally going to bite the bullet and get myself a ROB, and a heap of new products (have been using meguiars products by hand up until now, but it just takes way too long and i can`t get the finish i want)

So, after doing a fair bit of research and looking around, i have put together the below combo of products.... do you guys (and girls) agree with my choice of products? would you use something different? are some of them not needed?

The car is as follows:

White 1992 Nissan Skyline. The Bonnet/front guards/boot/rear bumper have been resprayed recently (within the last couple of years) and their condition is pretty good, however the doors, the 1/4 panels, and the roof all appear to be the original paint (if not original, its fairly old anyway) and as such have `spider web` scratches and swirl marks on them, as well as having lost their colour a little bit compared to the freshly repainted items.

The look i`m trying to go for is a nice, deep, wet look.... would the products below achieve this on a White car?

If not, what would you suggest?

Products (in order)

Bosch PEX400AE ROB

Edge Yellow Cutting Pad

Edge Green Light Cut Pad

Edge Blue Polishing Pad

Edge White Finishing Pad

Optimum No Rinse Wash

Pinnacle Ultra Fine Poly Clay w/ Lubricant

Optimum Compound (car has a fair few swirls/spiderwebs etc in the paint... not sure if polish alone would get them out)

Optimum Polish

Poorboys EX-P

P21S

Optimum Spray Wax (with the waxes, is Optimum okay to use on its own, or is it better used as a topper to something like P21S, after washing?)

Thankyou for all your assistance... i`m fairly new here, but i did do a search, and couldn`t really find too much... maybe i just suck at searching

Go easy on me!

Post Thanks / Like
    to give you an idea of what my paint on the roof/doors/rear quaters looks like at the moment, here`s some pics i found of a car with similar paint condition to mine, in a thread by sftempest66

Post Thanks / Like
    if you are going to use Carnauba wax go with s100 its the same as P21s at 1/3 the cost.

Optimum Spray wax is not a booster but merely the sprayable form of their wax so I would

skip the P21s/S100 if using Optimum.

I hear FK 1000P paste wax gives the clear coat a bit more depth which is good for white after your EXP sealant cures. Also Duragloss Aqua Wax looks really great on white and half the cost of Optimum. And of course for me FK 425 is the last thing to touch my paint.
    BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks EXACTLY like the paint on my white CL.

As Racing beat suggested i`d give AW a try. If you are looking for a nuba such as p21S, look for s100 - exact samething, cheaper, and sometimes available at a harley-davidson dealer.

I too have the opt polish line (OP, OC, OHC). When I finally get around to it this will be my process:

Polish with PC

CK Red Moose Machine Glaze

FS UUP

AW (I also have Natty`s - cant decide what one to use, but leaning toward the AW)

Thread Information