Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am new to this forum and someone reccomended this site to me for some expert advise. I have a 1986 Porsche 911 Turbo in the guards red color. I have owned this car for about 8 years. The paint is all original and I consider it to be in extremely good condition. In the 20 year history of the car, it has only been exposed to sunlight when it is being driven and it is rarely exposed to rain. I thought some history might help, so here is my problem.

I had some service work done on my car last week and I believe it was outside when it rained and it was then dried off by the sun. On the rear quarter, there are now cloudy spots visible in a certain light that seem to be in the finish. I have always used Zymol wax on it and I was wondering if this has anything to do with this wax or does it have something to do this specific color. I have tried waxing these areas and it does not seem to remove the "cloudy" spot.

Can anyone give me any direction as to how to correct the problem and what might have caused it. Thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are just water spots,

you should first try a mixture of water and vinegar

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reply. I probably used the wrong description when I said water spots. These were not on the surface only, they were deep into the finish. It seems like there were droplets of water on the car and then the sun was magnified by the droplets and created this cloudy spot. I keep the finish waxed throughly with Zymol.

Can anyone tell me if there is something special I should be using for this brilliant red finish or does the color have nothing to do with this. Thanks in advance for any expert advice. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I admit, i thought people were crazy on this board when they suggested it, but from further research it`s widely known to fix the problem.

I actually just tried this 50/50 solution the other day on the real bad water spots on my windows and they just disapeared!! I was skeptical because these spots will go away with normal window cleaners, but show up again in the morning dew.....NOPE they are gone now.

Thanks vinegar suggesters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some pictures would help greatly.

Thread Information