Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all-

I`ve been a lurker here for awhile and have picked up a lot of good info. I`ve used Zaino for several years on my motorcycle and my wife`s Suburban. I`m a big fan and will continue to use it. When I first started using Zaino their website only recommended 100% cotton towels so that is what I`ve been using. Unfortunately the ones that are truly 100% cotton are hard to find so I`ve been contemplating microfiber products.

I`ve done a lot of forum searches trying to come to educate myself on the best MF products, there uses, and the best sources. There are a lot of opinions out there and I think all I`ve managed to do is confuse myself. Ones good for drying paint, another is good for applying wax, ones good for cleaning windows, etc. To try and get this all in one thread I`m going to ask the following questions.....

1. What MF product do you prefer for drying your cars paint?

2. What MF product do you prefer for polishing your cars paint?

3. What MF product do you prefer for applying sealants or waxes?

4. What MF product do you prefer for removing/buffing sealants or waxes?

5. What MF product do you prefer for cleaning windows?

6. What MF products do you use for other applications that I may be leaving out?

7. What MF product have you used that you would NOT purchase again?

On top of the types of MF products there are lots of places to buy them; Pakshak, Microfibershop, Chemicalguys, CMA, Autogeek, etc. Where do you buy and why? Feel free to answer the "where" for each specific product if you shop multiple places.

Any and all feedback will be appreciated. I don`t have to have the BEST microfiber products but I just purchased a new Windveil Blue Mustang so I definitely don`t want anything that will cause damage to the paint. Any feedback on bad MF products or vendors will be just as welcome as the answers to the above questions.

Thanks all!!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    1. What MF product do you prefer for drying your cars paint? Vroom Drying MF

2. What MF product do you prefer for polishing your cars paint? Vroom Polishing MF

3. What MF product do you prefer for applying sealants or waxes? No MF, Meguires Gold class foam pad

4. What MF product do you prefer for removing/buffing sealants or waxes? Vroom Premium orange MF (and Polishing for Klasse SG)

5. What MF product do you prefer for cleaning windows? :EDIT: Use the Vroom Window MF and spray directly on the MF instead of the window.

6. What MF products do you use for other applications that I may be leaving out? Vroom Wash mit. (looks like a muppet ) Uses the type of MF that is very absorband yet not a dirt trappper

7. What MF product have you used that you would NOT purchase again? Stupid MF applicator pads, walmart brand MF.

You can find Vroom brand products at Target

Post Thanks / Like

WAFFLE WEAVE

??? Foam pads on a machine! LOL

Applicator, although I like using foam applicators better.

Edgeless Polishing Cloths

Window cloths, or any microfiber towels with a short nap (NOT "plush")

6. What MF products do you use for other applications that I may be leaving out?

For quick detailing, a good :"quick detailing` or "super plush" towel

those yellow Costco ones...they are now hard as cardboard.

I say go locally to Autozone or K-Mart and pick up some VIKING towels/applicators. Their new microfiber is as good or better than the stuff available online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44

those yellow Costco ones...they are now hard as cardboard
    I`m glad I didn`t buy those MF towels when I was at Costco today. :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by osc4m
    I`m glad I didn`t buy those MF towels when I was at Costco today. :getdown

LOL! I dunno, some people have reported positively on them, but for me they lint, scratch, and only get stiffer through each wash. Stick with the good stuff. :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbkintner
    Hi all-

On top of the types of MF products there are lots of places to buy them; Pakshak, Microfibershop, Chemicalguys, CMA, Autogeek, etc. Where do you buy and why? Feel free to answer the "where" for each specific product if you shop multiple places.

I feel ya. When I first started to get into detailing, I really go into MF and tried a LOT of them from a bunch of different vendors. I go with Pakshak, ExcelDetail & Autopia-Carcare for most of my MF needs. When I first started buying, I went with CMA and even some from Autogeek (rarely purchase from them now to due high shipping charges to Hawaii). I have had nothing but excellent service from Pakshak, ExcelDetail and Autopia-Carecare. Can`t go wrong with those vendors.

When I got in to MF, I started a "line-up" of products and which applicators/MF I used them with. Eventually I got my likes and dislikes of MF and application/product combos.

WW Drying from Pakshak and Big Blue from CMA. Will probably go exclusively with Pakshak after the last two Big Blues that I have get demoted to grunge duty. I`ve also tried the Sonus Der Wunder drying towel and that is very nice as well.

Don`t use MF to apply/buff polishes. But I use Pakshak Ultra and Ultra Smooths and Excel`s Supremes to wipe up the residues.

I don`t use MF here.

For sealants, Excel`s yellow edgeless

For carnaubas, Excel`s Supremes or Pakshak Ultras

I use Excel`s Supreme or the Zuma with my glass spray and follow up with Pakshak WW Glass to make sure I clean up anything else.

Sam`s Club MF - Apply Black Again

Detailer`s Paraside Monster Fluffy & Pakshak Ultra-Plush - Post wash spray sealant

I use old WW drying towels to dry my wheels and tires. Many others. Too many to think of right now.

All of the ones that I`ve purchased have come from vendors with excellent quality. If I didn`t choose to buy a particular product from them again, it would just be because I like another towel better, not that the other wasn`t of good quality. Always can use the MF for use around the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the feedback I`ve received so far. I notice there have been a lot of views and very few replies. Should I have posted this in the "Detailing Product Discussion" area? If so would a mod please move it for me?

It`s getting pretty bad....I literally dreamed about MF products last night. More feedback would definitely be welcome. Right now I`m leaning towards the MF products sole by Chemical Guys. There applicator looks a lot better than some of the others I`ve seen. Any one have any experience with it. Pak Shak is running a close second, depending on price I may get everything else from them and the applicators from CG.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the feedback I`ve received so far. I notice there have been a lot of views and very few replies. Should I have posted this in the "Detailing Product Discussion" area? If so would a mod please move it for me?

It`s getting pretty bad....I literally dreamed about MF products last night. More feedback would definitely be welcome. Right now I`m leaning towards the MF products sole by Chemical Guys. There applicator looks a lot better than some of the others I`ve seen. Any one have any experience with it. Pak Shak is running a close second, depending on price I may get everything else from them and the applicators from CG.

Thanks

I was interested MF from Chemical Guys as well their Bubble Bath, but their shipping costs to Hawaii are much too high for me to consider them any further. I may email them and inquire about possibly shipping via USPS instead of FedEx or UPS. FedEx and UPS to Hawaii averages about $40 for a $40 order.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

If you do order from CG, make sure to order some of their products too!!!!! They make great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s been about a month since I started this thread and I still haven`t ordered any MF products. I`m leaning towards ordering from PakShak right now. I suspect I`ll order in the next day or so.

It was a close race between CG and PakShak. I`ve read great things about both and very little bad about either. However, while still a very small number, I`ve read more negatives about the CG microfiber products so I elected to go with PakShak.

Here`s one last chance for anyone to comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might need to look a little closer at the CG`s MF`s. Which towels are you considering?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    You might need to look a little closer at the CG`s MF`s.

Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    You might need to look a little closer at the CG`s MF`s. Which towels are you considering?

A better question would be what products am I NOT looking at? I`m basically looking for the whole arsenal (applying, drying, buffing, QD, etc.). What I`m looking for is the best (regardless of price) that each company (or any other) has to offer.

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Compare Ultra Plush to Ultra Plush. Compare the WW`s as well. I find the applicators to meet my needs and their price is right.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Pakshak and Autopia Car Care.

If you`re undecided, go Packshak...nothing but high-end quality and decent prices (and Autopia discount). Same for Autopia Car Care. Either one, you`ll get great quality and service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use these, from CarCareSmart.ca

Made in Korea, and $3.16CDN each...

Would this one work better?

Link to page of MF towels:

http://www.carcaresmart.com/page/C/CTGY/_MMP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information