Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I decided to be cheap and purchased a couple of synthetic chamois cloths the other day (I actually didn`t realize they were phony until I got them home and took a better look).

The packaging said "spot free drying". Well when I went to dry my car I noticed there seamed to be a light foam or lather coming from it. Thinking maybe I hadn`t rinsed enough, I rinsed like crazy and tried again. The same thing happened. I have to admit it really was spot free, but I also noticed that water wouldn`t bead on the spot I had just dried.

It seems to be treated with some kind of chemical that prevents spotting. I know vinegar will do this but it also removes wax. Does anyone know if this blasted thing is safe to use? If I do use it, will I have to wax every time? Thanks in advance for any info.
    Om Mani Padme Hum

Post Thanks / Like
    never heard of that

toss it in the washing machine on a cool setting with no soap, see if it rinses clean

the absorber is a decent synthetic chamois...you will do less damage if you just lay in it on the surface and let it work, then move on to the next spot....rather than scrubbing or wiping

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    you should invest in a absorber chamois. I`ve got a few of them, its all i will use when drying a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are okay but Microfiber waffle weave towels are the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the Absorber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Floriental, when then say "spot-free drying", I think they just mean that once all the water is absorbed by the synthetic PVA towel, there will be no more spots from left-over water I would definitely clean out the synthetic chamois. Or even better, get the original Absorber, which is also a synthetic chamois, but (from what I`ve heard) The Absorber is the best one out there. It only costs $8 at Walmart, not too much at all.

I`ve heard really good things about MF WW`s also. The success of WW`s depend a lot on the quality of the nap, and the ratio of polyester to polyamide. I would probably try out both if your conditions allow and pick the best one that fits your needs.

BTW, I use an Absorber.

Thread Information