Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got some really bad water spots on my windows. It gets hit with sprinklers every night and then sits in the sun for a few hours :doh

Ive tried everything under the sun to get them off from cheap glass cleaners to clay bar and even paint cleaner (im desperate )

anyone have any ideas or things to try? Ill do just about anythign at this point...

Post Thanks / Like
    A mixture of vinegar and water does a good job of getting rid of water spots. However, your real solution is to stay away from those sprinklers! Check and search around on the forum. The water spots issue is often discussed on this forum. And welcome to autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    A mixture of vinegar and water does a good job of getting rid of water spots. However, your real solution is to stay away from those sprinklers! Check and search around on the forum. The water spots issue is often discussed on this forum. And welcome to autopia!
    Ill try it but I used rubbing alcohol to no avail so :nixweiss

and the search for windows came up a tad long :chuckle:

thanks for the welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rubbing alcohol will not remove the Ca/Mg deposits left behind by hard water. Try full strength vinegar first and let it dwell on the areas with a vinegar soaked towel.

I was really impressed with Spot-X when I used it by hand on both my side-view mirrors and windshield. It is usually available for about $6 at Home Depot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    Rubbing alcohol will not remove the Ca/Mg deposits left behind by hard water. Try full strength vinegar first and let it dwell on the areas with a vinegar soaked towel.

I was really impressed with Spot-X when I used it by hand on both my side-view mirrors and windshield. It is usually available for about $6 at Home Depot.
    hey, thanks for the link. Ill run down and snag some tomorrow if I havnt gotten em off by tonight :sadpace:

the vinegar was a no go. I soaked it good too

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinegar has worked wonders for me in the past. Just use it full strength. It`s the acid that dissolves the mineral deposits. If the spots have been there a long time though they may have etched, and the vinegar may not get rid of them completely.

Thread Information