Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Im thinking some OC and Yellow or Orange pad will do fine. Anyone got any suggestions?

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your dealer and my dealer must be relatives . . . my S4 had identical holograms and marring

Yes, OC and orange pad should do the trick. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    OC and orange pad should do the trick if they aren`t too deep. But I`m sure you`ll want to finish off with a softer pad and polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`Knockwurst`]Your dealer and my dealer must be relatives . . . my S4 had identical holograms and marring

QUOTE]

That`s funny. Most dealers are so stupid - I mean how smart do you have to be to figure out that doesn`t look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    ugh...it hurts to even see that. still a beautiful car though. get it fixed up and post back so we can see the results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do dealers buff on the cars? I work at a dealership and all we is wash the cars, and if someone actually gets the stupid paint"sealant" it gets applied like a wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mowerpan
    Why do dealers buff on the cars? I work at a dealership and all we is wash the cars, and if someone actually gets the stupid paint"sealant" it gets applied like a wax.

Lot`s of times the problems(swirls) originates at the factory. Some hack grinds out an imperfection from of a freshly painted car. Ford is the worst. I can`t complain too much because we would do probably 10-15 cars per month. OEM warranty usually paid up to $150 to fix it.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, on the dealer`s behalf, or at least the detailer`s, they might not have good lighting, well I guess they can bring it out in the sun, but if they are in a hurry, which is what is generally pushed then they might not have time. I used to work at a dealer and they had crappy lighting and we always had to do stuff really fast, they didn`t care that it didn`t look good, just that we did it fast. I always tried to do my best, but when I worked at night with a couple lights, there wasn`t much I could do other than try, but I saw my work in the sun the next day and was disappointed in myself. But anyways, blame is most likely more so on their bosses for hurrying them and yes partially them, but thats the other side od the story.
    Always being the youngest isn`t always a bad thing...:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAG
    OC and orange pad should do the trick if they aren`t too deep. But I`m sure you`ll want to finish off with a softer pad and polish.

I was planning to finish with OP w/ Polishing, Z5pro x3, z2pro x3

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect. But to anwere your initial question, I`ve encountered some bad buffer work that took an ultra-heavy compound and a yellow cutting pad (via rotary) to remove. Seriously. I then had to step down from there to finish it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    very good point rag, my partner went by a few hole in the wall lots and offered his services, hes not much of a salesman so when they told him they like the job thier guy is doing he didnt mention anything about the rotary traces or how marred every vehicle on thier lot was. i went by both of them the other day dropped off a card with the managers and let them know to call me if they wanted the rotary swirls removed off ALL of thier vehicles. and walked out the door.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I got to work on it some and needless to say it is more work then I was expecting.

50/50 after a pass with OC and Yellow Pad

Closer Left Before

Closer Right After

Didnt get some stuff out so I stepped up to DACP and an Orange Cutting Pad

Better but not perfect. Still some swirls and scrathes, but no trails

Any suggestions? I tried DACP and a yellow pad and it didnt look that much different. I think I will be investing in a rotary soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it`s a question of using the wrong tool for the job. If these dealerships even need to use a rotary they should be just follow that step with a milder polish and a PC.

Problem solved. But like someone said, they probably don`t even notice those trails. Which is amazing in itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LangMan37
    i think it`s a question of using the wrong tool for the job. If these dealerships even need to use a rotary they should be just follow that step with a milder polish and a PC.

Problem solved. But like someone said, they probably don`t even notice those trails. Which is amazing in itself.

I agree, I talked to a guy earlier tonight who wanted some advice on using a PC, but he works at a dealer and uses a rotary to remove oxidation. Said he had no training before either. :shocked Needless to say I wanted to reach through the screen and choke him after working on his "cousins" work.

Post Thanks / Like
    it is so stupid. they hire people in at $7-$9 an hour, throw a high speed machine in their hand with little or no training, and that person is now a detailer. The general public seems to accept this substandard work as what detailing is and what you should expect. But it is quite gratifying to take a car that`s been detailed at a dealership, usually having to point out the holagrams to the client, and making it look like they never thought it could.

Now I`m not saying all dealerships do this shoddy kind of work but it seems a lot in my area do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information