Post Thanks / Like
    So I have just applied Klasse AIO to the entire vehicle via my PC with a white polishing pad. The car is covered in a thin layer (residue?) of AIO. (You can feel it touching the paint).

In the past I have always washed the car to get a clean application surface for Klasse SG but I really would like to avoid this step this time.

Whats steps should I take before applying SG at this point? Quick detail the entire care with Meguires QD? Ignore the AIO residue and apply SG anyway? Should I buckle down and wash it?

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    How long ago did you apply the AIO...if there isn`t dust you can apply the SG right now otherwise Megs QD or a wash would be fine
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the panel. Some was applied as much as a week ago, much of it was done today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you wash the car before doing today`s AIO? If so, you`re fine. If not, I`m pretty sure you should wash it before you apply the SG

Post Thanks / Like
    so you applied aio and didnt wipe it off right??

you should`ve used a clean mf towel to wipe off the haze..then go onto your sealant glaze, if youve never used sealant glaze, use it REALLY REALLY THIN like almost nothing, damp the applicator with water and 3-4 pea sized drips should do a small panel

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to complete (AIO and SG) to your car in a day. If not, at least complete those 2steps to each section/panels. DON"T leave the panel after you have AIO-ed sittin for even a day without SG it. Leaving it for a week and then proceed with SG will only SEAL in the dust/contaminants...You don`t want that! You need to seal it before you knock off for the day. So after AIO use a MF polishing towel and lightly polish off the remaining thin residue. After that (like steveo says) apply the SG "sparingly" ok...really really thin. What you don`t see doesn`t mean it`s not enough. So REMEMBER....VERY THIN. Wait for a good 15mins for the SG to bond itself to the surface and buff away with a MF buffing cloth. No need hard buffing here. Hope this helps. Happy polishing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa, I have the same question too, can you use a QD? It seems no one answered that.

I get alot of left over AIO residue after wiping off, and it`s either going to have to be washed or QD`d off.

I am guessing that most QD`s would inhibit SG bonding.

I may try using a damp MF to wipe off AIO, after wiping dry
    :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s my understanding that the Klasse AIO, as the name implies, is both a polish/cleaner and a glaze (where the Klasse SG is just the sealant/glaze).

AIO should wipe off with a MF towel and then be followed with the SG.

If there was a dusting `problem` you might mist with water, but shouldn`t need to. I wouldn`t use QD because there could be soap or wax like materials in the water.

The key to both I think (as previously mentioned) is to use a very small `whisper thin` amount across the surface, making wipe off much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used AIO for years but have never had residue that would not wipe off easily with a MF. IMO there is no need or benefit to waiting to remove either AIO or SG. WOWO!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had some great sucess in putting Klasse SG into small 30ml / 50ml plastic spray bottles.

You can then spray a very small quantity of klasse SG directly onto your paint work and then spead it before wiping off using the WOWO(wipe on wipe off) method.

This approach ensures you only apply a very very thin layer of Klasse SG. Also means you can apply SG very very easiliy and quickly.

The sort of bottles I am talking about look like this :

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=14808

Perm

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve contemplated the spray method but I would instead spray onto a primed pad and apply it via PC
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Thread Information