Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoe Scuffs

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, I know I should be more careful when entering and exiting my car, but my garage is a tight space and I can`t open the door fully.

The heel of my shoe sometimes hits the rocker panel/door sill when I get in or out and it leaves a nice little black mark each time. I have tried a bug and tar remover on my Jeep with the same problem to make sure I wouldn`t ruin the finish on my nicer car, but that didn`t work. When I feel it with my finger it definitely feels like a deposite rather than a scratch. I tried a clay bar also, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heikes
    Alright, I know I should be more careful when entering and exiting my car, but my garage is a tight space and I can`t open the door fully.

The heel of my shoe sometimes hits the rocker panel/door sill when I get in or out and it leaves a nice little black mark each time. I have tried a bug and tar remover on my Jeep with the same problem to make sure I wouldn`t ruin the finish on my nicer car, but that didn`t work. When I feel it with my finger it definitely feels like a deposite rather than a scratch. I tried a clay bar also, but to no avail. Any ideas?
    Can`t help but glad you asked the question.

I have the same problem and haven`t been able to solve it.

I used scratch remover and it worked but I don`t like to use it often.

Hope someone has a good answer.

kbshadow

stockton Ca

Post Thanks / Like
    All I use is some Woolite and hot water mixed 1/10 and some elbow grease and stay on top of them. Maybe try some APC like Simple Green.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea.
    Hello, chief. Let`s talk, why not?

Hello? Why am I Mr. Sparkle?

You like Mister Sparkle?

Well, I am Mr. Sparkle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you getting the scuffs on the inside plastic pieces or the painted exterior?

Post Thanks / Like
    Painted pieces, right on the corner of the rocker. You can`t see it when the door is closed, but you can when it`s open. It`s on a Laser Red G35 coupe and I`ve heard that Infinity`s clear coat is real soft/fragile, so I don`t want to make anything worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm. I`ve never had one that wouldn`t come off with clay. My mom`s 300 has really wide rockers and she puts a new scuff on about every day. How aggressive of a clay are you using?
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    Goo Gone > Clay > Paint Cleaner > Polish > Compound

Progressively get more aggressive, but 9 times out of 10, the Goo Gone will supercede.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just polish it. The polish will clean the scuff off, plus smooth out any little scratches. Applying AIO or another good synthetic wax might help prevent further scuffs.
    05 Black Tacoma Double Cab V6 4x4 TRD Sport

My CarDomain

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve thought about buying a strip of X-pel (clear bra material) for that sort of area, but I never get around to it. Just cut it up and apply to those problem areas where you know you`ll get wear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Griot`s Garage has a specific product for preventing this that is removable. Similar to the clear bra approach.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1090&SKU=77892

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Zaino ZPC for this type of stuff, Its easy and is applied by hand.

I hope this helps saves a lot of time.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
    SuperiorImage

Check me out on Myspace.com!

Post Thanks / Like
    i just got rid of a scuff mark on a STI using clay

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard that WD-40 will work. But then you have to remove that greasyness and apply a sealer.

Like other have said, clay or goof off, goo gone etc, should work. Don`t be afraid to spend a little time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel1
    I`ve heard that WD-40 will work. But then you have to remove that greasyness and apply a sealer.

Like other have said, clay or goof off, goo gone etc, should work. Don`t be afraid to spend a little time

I`ve tried WD-40 and it works like a champ! I would be a little weary of putting Goof Off on paint. That stuff is potent. Take a wiff of it the next time you open it up.

After using the WD-40 to remove the scuff, I just sprayed the area with 50/50 IPA-water mix, wiped off with a mf towel and reseal with favorite polish/glaze then LSP.

-Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mixxmstrmike
    I`ve tried WD-40 and it works like a champ! I would be a little weary of putting Goof Off on paint. That stuff is potent. Take a wiff of it the next time you open it up.

After using the WD-40 to remove the scuff, I just sprayed the area with 50/50 IPA-water mix, wiped off with a mf towel and reseal with favorite polish/glaze then LSP.

-Mike

Whew, I thought I was going to get flamed for that one! Glad to hear it works nicely. WD-40 and lighter fluid also work well removing shoe scuffs on house floors. Just be sure to thoroughly clean the floor afterwards (ANd don`t be smoking a ciggy if you go with the lighter fluid method!) LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information