Post Thanks / Like
    I dropped by this place to find polishers and waxes and ran into this guy who tried to sell me Crystal Glo Polisher. He told me that all I need is Crystal Glo polishers and nothing else. He has never heard of Pinnacle or S100 or any other brand. I asked him if I needed to wax over the Crystal Glo and he said no, he does not recommend waxing at all, because it will eventually yellow. He doesn`t use Carnauba waxes.

I asked him if I should clay my car first before polishing and he said no, claying is for overspary. I told him what about getting rid of the smaller dirt particles and he said, no.

Anyways to make a long story short, I bought Crystal Glo and applied it to my car, and let me say that it was the most difficult product I have ever worked with. I tried to buff it out with an orbital polisher but even that would not work. I then had to use the Meguiar`s spray to get rid of it. And in the end, the polisher gives a very dull look. Basically I have just gone backwards from a nice shine to a dull shine.

I then ended up waxing my car with a 3M carnuaba wax and it looks fine now. A waste of $20 and a lot of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think you have your answer in your last sentence. It`s crazy what some people will say about detailing to make a buck- or even crazier with the false info they give out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess you learned the hard way- there`s no one-step secret to detailing. There never has been, and there certaintly isn`t now, no matter what anyone tries to tell you.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are a sponsor on the HDforums and some people are starting to fall for their products and raving about the shine. Now consider lots of Harley riders only use Windex on their bikes, so this has to be a step up!

Post Thanks / Like
    What an idiot. I can`t believe there is so much misinformation out in the automotive detailing world!
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d say 75% of the "detailers" I meet have no idea what they are talking about but are always 100% positive they know everything
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, but on another end of the spectrum I met this local dude in my area, his name is Patrick Fari. He is an amazing detailer..and he told me that he doesn`t use carnuaba wax or any waxing (at least this is what i thought I heard). He does alot of ferarris and exotics. So i suppose there are many different ways to approach a good end result.

A lot of his work as been featured in car magazines. He is getting a good rep in Ottawa.

Check out his stuff, this guy is mad good.

http://www.bmwccottawa.org/gallery/fari_nov05

Post Thanks / Like
    i can`t believe you would buy into that scam

Post Thanks / Like
    that sucks....It`s like the Glare scam that was going on out there. They claim that it would last for 5 years. It went on nice and only lasted maybe 10 days... I was so excited when I used there products and how easy they worked und that only lasted 10 days and then I found out that a couple cars I did all the paint started to crack. Thank god it can only be seen with a light shining on it. The sad part is that I bought it fom the detail king....over $100 spent on that crap...I am not a happy person.

Stay away from Glare products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LangMan37
    i can`t believe you would buy into that scam

Yes, that was pretty stupid. I was desperate for a polisher and couldn`t wait for the online stores to ship it to me.

I read some reviews of Crystal Glo on this forum and it is a legit product and doesn`t seem to have any ill effects on the car, but definitely not anywhere close to being all that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if it`s as good as ```ken wax, the miracle one-step product.
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STI Jaguar
    Ok, but on another end of the spectrum I met this local dude in my area, his name is Patrick Fari. He is an amazing detailer..and he told me that he doesn`t use carnuaba wax or any waxing (at least this is what i thought I heard). He does alot of ferarris and exotics. So i suppose there are many different ways to approach a good end result.

A lot of his work as been featured in car magazines. He is getting a good rep in Ottawa.

Check out his stuff, this guy is mad good.

http://www.bmwccottawa.org/gallery/fari_nov05
    Hopefully he is using sealants only then
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterguitar
    They are a sponsor on the HDforums and some people are starting to fall for their products and raving about the shine. Now consider lots of Harley riders only use Windex on their bikes, so this has to be a step up!
    I was a sponsor on a HD forum a while ago and a lot of those guys are stuck in their ways. They did not want to have anything to do with my products. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys in a cult dedicated to technology that predates WWII stuck in their ways? :think: Gee, I can`t imagine?

PC.

Thread Information