Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a new car, an Acura TSX, in Royal Blue Pearl as well as the Porter cable 7336. I searched around a bit, but I haven`t seen a lot about the best products/pads for new cars. My car is going to be garage kept and I am willing to take whatever time it takes. I am also looking for a good place to buy products in the chicagoland area, even though i assume i will have to buy mostly online. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    For a brand new car you shouldn`t need anything more than a white (polishing) pad and some Menzerna Final Polish II.

Wash, clay, FPII, then something like Klasse AIO, or Klasse High Gloss, or Zaino.

Top with a Carnuaba if prefered.

RT

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to autopia!

look through the "click & brag" section, and you will find many different combinations of products that many on here have had great results with. also, don`t forget the "search" button...

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, i actually kept getting an error message every time i did a search, so i looked through a lot first. I tried several browsers, so if anyone has advice on that too, it would be helpful....

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I making a mistake. I have a 5 month old black M35x which has some minor but very annoying swirling on hood and trunk. I was planning to do use IP, FPII then Z5Pro. Is IP w/ an orange LC pad to aggressive or should I just do FPII w/ a white pad then do Zaino??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by froll
    Am I making a mistake. I have a 5 month old black M35x which has some minor but very annoying swirling on hood and trunk. I was planning to do use IP, FPII then Z5Pro. Is IP w/ an orange LC pad to aggressive or should I just do FPII w/ a white pad then do Zaino??

Start with the least agressive combo and then work your way up if it isn`t effective..

Post Thanks / Like
    dmbfan,

CYPM m8

Cheers,

GMCloud
    - Garrett

Post Thanks / Like
    So I am thinking that i want to wash my car now, is it worth waiting for products to come in, or will a good wash, clay, and then some black magic with the stock white PC pad do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfaninatsx
    So I am thinking that i want to wash my car now, is it worth waiting for products to come in, or will a good wash, clay, and then some black magic with the stock white PC pad do?

I`d wait...do it once and do it right.

Just pick up an OTC quick detail spray while you wait (Megs, or Mothers) would do.

Wash, clay, and spray.

RT

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking my process is going to be:

Wash, clay, PB EX, PB Natty`s Blue (or Red Moose MG), both layers with edge 2000 white pad. What do you all think, being it is a new car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not too bad for a start; personally for maintenance regardless of the car`s age, I like using this process: wash (ONR or soap), clay if needed (I`ll alternate between doing it and not / job if need-be), VM via PC or hand, Natty`s Blue or replace VM with Prime, and NB with Acrylic Jett which has been doing wonders now (although I`m going back to my naubas for my own car since I wax every week) Hope you like the Edge System, one more thing, just to clarify (since I wasn`t sure where you were putting the RMG in) RMG is a pure glaze and should be applied before your LSP. I`ve seen some people who will even use VM then RMG, then an LSP but personally VM and a topper is great for maintainence. For full job, I always love throwing in some RMG after my polish
    - Garrett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCloud27
    Not too bad for a start; personally for maintenance regardless of the car`s age, I like using this process: wash (ONR or soap), clay if needed (I`ll alternate between doing it and not / job if need-be), VM via PC or hand, Natty`s Blue or replace VM with Prime, and NB with Acrylic Jett which has been doing wonders now (although I`m going back to my naubas for my own car since I wax every week) Hope you like the Edge System, one more thing, just to clarify (since I wasn`t sure where you were putting the RMG in) RMG is a pure glaze and should be applied before your LSP. I`ve seen some people who will even use VM then RMG, then an LSP but personally VM and a topper is great for maintainence. For full job, I always love throwing in some RMG after my polish

I am confused, are you saying RMG, then the PB EX?

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct, EX is your LSP (never used it but I find it interesting to be a carnauba/sealant mix) so RMG will add some extra gloss, some depth, and slickness to your paint before topping it off. Remember, RMG is just a pure glaze (unlike some products which call themselves glazes and are more a wax then a glaze *ie Zymol Glazes*) and you want to "trap it" in on your paint by placing it underneath your sealant to last longer. RMG is used a lot here with mix combinations for polishes (Opt and Menzerna) and for those people who want that extra punch in their paint when doing a full detail. (I only use RMG for full details and VM/Prime (dependant on what I`m using as an LSP) for maintenance)

Hope that helps a little; Cheers
    - Garrett

Thread Information