Thread: Power washer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have this $100 electric power washer that I have always used to wash the car. However last week I got the car all perfect and polished and Im trying to wash the car the autopia way. Does anyone use one when washing the car? I keep it on the lightest all most mist setting when washing the body and then for the wheels and wheel wells I keep it at a little tighter pattern. If the car gets caked with crap. Is it a bad idea to decress the spray pattern to a sharper strem (not to a point or anything) and try to knock the dirt off before washing or will that cause maring? Any other ideas. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Karcher Electric washer to wash the siding on my house, I don`t think I`d use it on my car though. The ole hose and bucket seems much easier then dragging out the washer and hooking everything up. Also I`m guessing the handwash would do a better more thorough job.

However I did notice in the accessories listed on the manual that you can get a foamer gun with this, does anybody know anything about this? Is it any good?
    07 Kia Sportage EX

07 Kia Rio

Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4

Chrysler 300m Sold

92 Dodge Stealth RT TT Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you don`t put it close to your paint and you don`t focus on a piece of dirt that won`t budge (and as a result, put too much pressure on one area of paint), you should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most say not to use one, but I do! Not on paint, unless the lowers or grill is super grimey. I love it for wheels, wells, and underbody.

Wanted to add, if oyu have a Menards nearby, in today`s sale flyer, a KArcher (which is prettty good one) 1400psi on sale for $70, which is a good price for that model.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheels, tires and wheel wells get love from the power washer. Everyonce in awhile I get a huge offroader come in and the car is caked in mud so the power washer quickly gets the mud off before washing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy
    The ole hose and bucket seems much easier then dragging out the washer and hooking everything up.

I have quick connect/disconnects on all my stuff (CRSpotless DI system, Pressure washer, foam gun, hoses, faucets).

Makes changing / hooking everything up as easy as working with air tools.

My vehicles are usually washed once a week, and I use my pressure washer on them every other week.

Both vehicles have +6 layers of Zaino and my normal maintenance routine for these daily drivers goes like this.

Week One

Foam Gun with DI water and hand wash with Z7 or NXT

Rinse with DI water.

Let dry, or drive dry.

Z-8 and dressing.

Week Two

Foam Gun with DI water.

Power rinse with Pressure Washer and DI water.

Let dry, or drive dry.

Z-8 and dressing.

Cali Duster during the dry weeks (if I feel like it), with an occasional shot of Z-8 on clean upper panels.

Been on this type of maintenance routine for about 3 months, on the week two jobs, I can do the exteriors of my Maxima and F-250 Super Cab in about 2hrs……that includes setup and cleanup time.

RT

Thread Information