Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all!!!

I have been a member of this site for quite some time, yet dropped off for the past year because of work and my father passing away. Due to the various email addresses I have, and the 50 or so forums I belong to, my login and pw slipped my mind. Therefore, I had to create a new account. I`m no newby, just clarifying that.

Now... For my question... I have been color-sanding and polishing my shop`s aftermarket painted parts with a bunch of the products I learned about on this site over the years. Now, I`ve come to the point where I want to actually carry high-end detailing products in our shop as well as through our website. The problem I am having is finding a wholesale distributor for the detailing products I am interested in (namely Clearkote, Poorboy`s, and Menzerna Polishes). I have left 5 voicemails at Autogeek`s wholesale department with not one response. I figured now I would turn to you detailers, who do purchase these products frequently, and see what companies you suggest.

Here`s an image of my car about a week after detailing it. I wanted to post a pic so you all know I`m not bs`ing and I`m actually part of the `clan` lol.. :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    I would contact ClearKote, PB`s and Menzerna USA directly and ask them. Also, Pakshak out of HI carries CK, PB, Menz plus many other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsc
    I would contact ClearKote, PB`s and Menzerna USA directly and ask them. Also, Pakshak out of HI carries CK, PB, Menz plus many other products.

I talked to Raney a few times at Pakshak. His shop is TOP-NOTCH! He has helped me on numerous occasions over the phone and has steered me into the direction and point I`m at now.

I would contact the companies directly, but I do not want to have to order 100 bottles of PB SSR2, as I would most likely have to do. Most large companies have a minimum buy-in, which a wholesale distributor most likely would not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.. Need some suggestions por favor..

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know about the other companies, but I have seen Steve mention that he has special pricing for "real" detailers, but I don`t know what min. is required etc.

If you wanted 1 company that carries more than 1 line, Scott at Specialty Motoring carries PB and CK. I don`t know if he does `deals" though.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of the companie`s buy in minimums are large, but Poorboy`s offers either a 1 gallon or 5 gallon size of most of their products that discounts them greatly over buying smaller bottles.

I`m not sure, maybe Clearkote and the other companies do the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the great tips guys! I really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl4ckedOutC0bra
    ...I would contact the companies directly, but I do not want to have to order 100 bottles of PB SSR2, as I would most likely have to do. Most large companies have a minimum buy-in, which a wholesale distributor most likely would not.

You may be making assumptions that aren`t accurate. Here`s how it works... the manufacturers require their distributors to buy a minimum amount (usually) but the distributors usually do not require minimums or will make exceptions. You need to contact the manufacturers directly for the name of the distributor nearest to you. Some manufacturers will reduce their minimums, especially if there is no distributor in your area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chemical Guys would be the first choice to consider, after all why not go to the manufacter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterguitar
    Chemical Guys would be the first choice to consider, after all why not go to the manufacter?

+1 go to the source. Great products at better prices than a lot of "boutique" stuff.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Danase also carries both CK and PB stuff.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    ...Here`s how it works... the manufacturers require their distributors to buy a minimum amount (usually) but the distributors usually do not require minimums or will make exceptions. You need to contact the manufacturers directly for the name of the distributor nearest to you. ....
    Leo nailed it.

That’s how things work for the vast majority of manufacturers in all industries. Heck, I work for a company that buys hundreds of thousands of dollars in products directly from this one supplier for our production but when I need fifty bucks worth of them for our lab I have to go though a distributor.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    You may be making assumptions that aren`t accurate. Here`s how it works... the manufacturers require their distributors to buy a minimum amount (usually) but the distributors usually do not require minimums or will make exceptions. You need to contact the manufacturers directly for the name of the distributor nearest to you. Some manufacturers will reduce their minimums, especially if there is no distributor in your area.

You are correct in your thinking, yet incorrect in the reality of things. As stated before, we wholesale and retail a revolutionary new signal bulb, wholesale DPE wheels, along with many other products. Our focus is far from detailing products. I have called a few companies, requesting small amounts of product (such as 15 bottles) and was told there`s a minimum buy-in.

Due to my wanting to purchase small amounts, I will have to go through a distributor, as you AND I stated. This is why I created this thread. "Long-time detailer needs wholesale hook-up. Any suggestions".

Since you seem to know the ins and outs of this business, what distributors do you suggest?

I don`t mean to sound sour, I just don`t like people attempting to teach me something when such is already known, and ultimately quite evident, in my post.

Thanks again for all replies!!! :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located? Having a distributor hook you up could potentially save a lot in shipping. If you`re anywhere near the west coast, DEFINITELY look at Chemical Guys.

Thread Information