Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    "We understand some guys don`t want you to learn how this is done and how easy it is as it dips into their business. This isn`t rocket science and doesn`t take a ton of brains to detail a car."

I dont know why I keep reading that thread..it just makes me more angry!! He is so fricken full of himself, if detailing is so easy why do revenues from detailing in one year from all the combined detailers on this site probably reach above $500,000? Thats just a shot in the dark number...but it is because detailers have skill and know products/pads/detailing tools inside and out. This guy is a complete nut-job. The sad part is...people on that site are saying thanks to him because they think his video showed astonishing results...oh well...in 2 years when all these M5 owners are experiencing clearcoat failure I will be laughing because my 1999 paint job will still look better than theirs

I cant wait till we get the first noob posting on this forum.."Hello, Im looking for a detailer in xxxx, I have a black M5 and the paint is flaking off...I tried using 3m`s Rubbing Compound but it just wont seem to burn the paint back onto the panel :nixweiss is there anyone who can help me out?"

Post Thanks / Like
    "I also like the Pinnacle Souverän Carnauba Paste Wax, it is the same as P21s as far as our test shows....it`s jus the P21-s is a lower cost/same job. "

Now P21s and Souveran are the same thing... pretty sure that Pinnacle would disagree...

Post Thanks / Like
    Shrug, a bunch of guys want to destroy their Bimmers, what do I care. DeWalt`s probably happy to move a few more 849s, 3M won`t even notice the tiny spike in swirl remover sales, the cars will all be turned in when the leases expire, and the problems will belong to the next owners.

The truth is what it is, believing differently doesn`t make it false. You may see something, but the damage isn`t seeable. A car will last to the end of the lease with no oil changes, too, but does that mean that because nothing bad happened you don`t need to change the oil?

In the end it isn`t worth remarking, other than to pass time. I know what works. Misinformation is always transient, the truth always lasts.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca
    Shrug, a bunch of guys want to destroy their Bimmers, what do I care. DeWalt`s probably happy to move a few more 849s, 3M won`t even notice the tiny spike in swirl remover sales, the cars will all be turned in when the leases expire, and the problems will belong to the next owners.

The truth is what it is, believing differently doesn`t make it false. You may see something, but the damage isn`t seeable. A car will last to the end of the lease with no oil changes, too, but does that mean that because nothing bad happened you don`t need to change the oil?

In the end it isn`t worth remarking, other than to pass time. I know what works. Misinformation is always transient, the truth always lasts.

Tom

Leave it Mosca to bring the wisdom

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and lol, how about the guy whacking the car with his ring after he`s done buffing it? Rule #1, always remove rings and watches, and cover belt buckles or wear sweats or athletic shorts.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still a n00b and already know enough that hearing about this guy makes me literally sick to my stomach and angry. I wish I hadn`t ever seen this thread!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that it all really just comes down to what people consider a detail. The guy next door takes his car to the body shop down the road, that totally does a complete hack job with the rotary, then covers it all up with something that has more fillers then you`ve ever seen. Most around here would consider that a "good" detail. FWIW, YEAH, his car in the first few pics DOES look really good, however, take it for what it is, it`s a NEW car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca
    the cars will all be turned in when the leases expire, and the problems will belong to the next owners.

Exactly.

One thing I thought was wierd was him calling it a "rag". As if you could take any old rag from your garage and use it on your paint safely. Seems like most detailers or even amateurs would call it a MF or a terry. Especially if your trying to prove a point and show how smart you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s soo unfair that people as ignorant and arrogant as he can own M5`s. :down

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who has ever used a rotary (successfully) knows that the technique shown in that film is absolutely horrible. Everything from the backing plate set up, to stopping the pad on the paint, to dry buffing the rear panel, no tape on the rear lens cover (which he "buffed" several times). Even the way he would start the pad, then stop, then continue with the area, it`s all just wrong.

And LOL at the conditions!! Pull that into full sun, focus the sun on the panel, and you *will* see holograms. Honestly, that is horrible technique with the rotary.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in East Boca, he lives in West Boca. I have seen his car before. If he doesnt get any full sun shots today, I might just swing by after work and snap some for us. Either way, from the looks of that pad, and the fact that he didnt even clean the panel I can take a guess of what it is going to look like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    How do we say it to him directly? I would love to call him up....We cant go on their forums because you have to be approved...so therefore what do you want us to do?

^^^ Hello Doged! We cant go to his forum!! :grrr Learn to read

So, then wait to be approved!!!

Isn’t this a case for PDTA and not Autopia ???

This tread is almost as bad as giving someone advice to vandalize because of none payment.
    Bad Boy’s score with all the chicks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Realtycar: Yes..those cobwebs are swirls...your always going to get them, but the more you protect your car the better.

Ummm... what? So you`re always going to get swirls?? Awesome... I`m so going to follow his technique now...
    Michael

Hummer may have seven slots, but it`s not spelled JEEP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m wating to see if that thread has any "interesting" posts from folks on the BMW board who take his advice and go to town with a rotary this weekend.

Harkonen, with the way the OP is ragging on Sean about his advice here, it`s tempting to ask you to post pics of the Integra Sean just sold at http://www.detailingbyexecutive.com/vteg.htm but I`m not sure Sean wants his personal website linked on that forum. No way Realtycar could have a 10 y/o car looking that nice, and in full sun no less. Of course, he`d probably say that anyone could make a red car look that nice, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtycar
    And yes the pad used was dirty, that`s why it turned black...we didn`t clean the entire car, just the about area of the test. And the compound is grey. You know "paint" doesn`t come off.. before the clear coat would, it`s dirt and compound.
    Hmmm...... that doesn`t seem quite right.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information