Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just noticed that most of his posts have been edited at one point or another...fishy...

I`ve also noticed a lot of discrepancies throughout his postings:

Quote Originally Posted by Realtycar
    I stand by my statement...I will put the 3M process w/P21s agains ANYTHING....if you have better I will try and switch, if it is better....It`s a personal statement. Go ahead autotopia boys..show me this system is not correct. I will show people it works on VIDEO, show us different. Like you guys are the only people that know things. If you don`t have body shop experiance...please keep your weekend warrior opinions to yourself...don`t come flame a guys that shows that this system works on photo`s and video... prove me wrong, don`t say I am wrong, prove me wrong. Take the 3M stuff on an hold painted scrap with a foam pad and show me the burns....our 4 body shops in Florida use this process and our 3M regional rep will talk to you by phone about these NEW products.
    later on...

Thank you for keeping your "mind" open and I will try to give you the photo`s you want in hopes that I can HELP people learn what is out there to keep their cars nice, that is the objective...it is not to be Auto Detail King of the world.
    quite conflicting :think:

I will NOT make this a debate..this is 3M`s and my opinion, watch the video.
    no debating?

Be careful over on that forum, some that claim to be God`s just are not. Some of the Mr Miagi`s over at Autopia need to take a break from the minuscule details of a test, where are their videos?
    Does he kick his own @ss at night?

Also..sorry, the Lexus is a 2004 Please let your friends know that they should know that..All 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Lexus Models. On some vehicles, when Rapgard is removed, the paint may have a stained appearance under the clear coat. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...inks/links/124 Wonderful site to know, they need to look up what kind of finish is on the car they are working on if they are in the business. Some of these guys that don`t know that the Lexus DOES have a clear coat on them shouldn`t learn before they preach the wrong word. And, this Lexus has had paint work done to it as the rock chips were NASTY! There is clear coat on it, that`s what came out of the body shops spray nozzle.
    Interesting...my memory must be fading because I distinctly remember the 2 Lexus dealership in my area telling me that Lexus used to use a lot of single stage paint the past. Gosh, they must have all been lying to me! :LOLOL

Ugh...so many quotes...so little time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it finally got to me. I am not interested in arguing with someone over cyberspace, but I don`t want to see those M Cars messed up :nono .

I have been a member there for a couple weeks (own a 745, and can`t WAIT for my M6 to get here!!!!). I posted the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonen
    As a current 745Li owner, a soon to be M6 owner, a hobbyist detailer, an avid black car lover, and a member of both this board and Autopia, please allow me to say that I am deeply concerned for the paint of M5 and M6`s all over the world. I do not profess to be a detailing guru, nor do I wish to impugn Mr. Realtycar`s veracity, as I can only assume him to be sincere...but this is a VERY dangerous thread. You can EASILY jack up your paint with a rotary if you don`t know what you`re doing. There is no `magic frictionless and instantaneously thermal conductive foam`, nor a `miracle compound born on the wings of 3M`s advanced alien wax technology`, and I would not be willing to gamble the paint job on my fine automobile based on an internet video that never does show the paint in direct sunlight.

Anyone who has ever deal with a black car knows it can look fantastic in the shade, but it`s a whole different scenario in direct sunlight (as in bright sun shining directly on the paint, not obscured by clouds or trees). Any hologram swirling or other damage to the paint would not show up in that video.

I am not trying to discredit Realtycar, nor am I interested in a puerile `forum rumble`. I just love BMW`s, Mcars, and ESPECIALLY black ones. This is just a word of caution.

At this point, it should be obvious to all that there is too much credibility vested in this argument for either side to be objective (as in future pictures and what not). Just use a bit of common sense and caution on those lovely M`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony`s on the money as usual

What a tool. 3M SR is gritty stuff, I`ve taken all the metallic off one of my car`s 1998 2K paint by hand with about seven applications of strong polish so what is a rotary gonna do

Finishing glaze is full of fillers correct?

I agree with scotty, p21s wax doesn`t give much depth, I prefer collinite marque for that

Would love to see his car under sodium vapour lights.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he did his video, and it showed the results he claimed. And if others follow his example exactly, they`ll get the same results.

He`s getting good results, so what`s to complain about? There`s plenty of disinformation spread around in autopia, so it`s not like this forum can claim a moral high ground on truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh the drama, so this is why the wifey likes soaps so much

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrapper
    Well, he did his video, and it showed the results he claimed. And if others follow his example exactly, they`ll get the same results.

He`s getting good results, so what`s to complain about? There`s plenty of disinformation spread around in autopia, so it`s not like this forum can claim a moral high ground on truth.

What to complain about would be results you can only achieve a very limited number of times before doing permanent damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    Thanks for the welcome Joshua312 - I`m looking forward to learning here.

The black on the pad is dirt. The paint wouldn`t come off, the clearcoat would come off. It`s not black paint on the pad. Looks like the door was not totally prepped clean....so dirt got on the pad. In addition the 3M rubbing compound is gray to begin with. There is no need to tape off parts when you are simply demonstrating a spot for a video.

I did not see any burns or scratches in the video. Towards the end of the movie, ook at the shadows and exposure in the door scene, it was done in the sun.

Zach, looks like you`ve been hanging out with Mr.Realitycar too much or listening to him pretending he is the Detail God. The paint would come off onto the pad as these Lexus` are single stage, meaning no clearcoat. And if it is dirt like you say...even worse. Never buff a vehicle when the surface isn`t properly cleaned. And yes there is a need to tape off parts, because if this guy knows it all like he says he does...he should be professional and tape off parts which he could damage...he clearly went onto the taillight two times. I would shoot that guy if he did that to my car...but then again I wouldnt let this guy come onto my property let alone touch my car. And the reason you dont see any burns or scratches is because this guy did all his work in the shade...once again look at previous posts in this thread that shows full sunlight pics that this guy isnt posting. He`s a fake...I feel bad for anyone who even knows this guy.

Pretty sad when a 19 yr old who just started detailing less than a year ago knows more than this fool. If I was 3M i would be embarrassed to have this guy endorsing their products. This guy basically thinks because he has money or owns a couple bodyshops he knows everything? He talks to us like we know nothing and that we`re shmucks for going to people`s house or business to clean their car....Whatever at least I dont screw people over just to get ahead in life - Alls he wants to do is talk crap and ask where our videos are...has he not visited the click and brag section, where even noobs post full sun pictures...?? I hope this guy does join just so we can ban his smart ***

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy is still a nut
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious? Playing Devil`s advocate here? Yeah, there is disinformation here too, but when several professionals here with years of rotary experience are calling this guy out, I`m going to side with them.

Until he shows his results in the full sun or with halogen lighting, there is no way to know if he achieved the results he claimed. Believe me, I have buffed out enough black cars in the shade and then pulled them out into the sun to see either I missed something completely, I didn`t remove all the defects or I had some marring issues that needed correction. Shade hides too much.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s plenty of disinformation spread around in autopia, so it`s not like this forum can claim a moral high ground on truth.

Absolutely true and more then most realize. If you want to beat up on this guy have the balls to say it to him directly.
    Bad Boy’s score with all the chicks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    *grabs popcorn and diet cherry vanilla dr.pepper and watches the drama unfold*

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doged
    Absolutely true and more then most realize. If you want to beat up on this guy have the balls to say it to him directly.

How do we say it to him directly? I would love to call him up....We cant go on their forums because you have to be approved...so therefore what do you want us to do?

^^^ Hello Doged! We cant go to his forum!! :grrr Learn to read

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    How do we say it to him directly? I would love to call him up....We cant go on their forums because you have to be approved...so therefore what do you want us to do?

Go to his forum and express your concerns.
    Bad Boy’s score with all the chicks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Use an infared thermometer on your paint and see how hot it gets after 20 seconds at 1400 rpm`s.

Now does it mean it will always burn the paint? Nope.

BUT it does mean you have thinned out that area of your clear or top coat. Basically the damage is done.

Does it mean ythe paint will have scratches? Nope Scratches will be the last of your worries after 1400 rpm`s and 20 seconds in one spot.

Does it mean you`ll have swirls? Nope. (See above post)

Now why am I stating "20 seconds" instead of "15 seconds"? Well Mr. Reality, (yea I know his screen name is "Realtycar" and not Reality, but it just fits better) first stated this:

There is NO RISK, if my brother can do it, ANYONE CAN! Foam pads absorb heat, after 20 seconds, you can put the side of your face on the paint.

Then it goes down to "15 seconds....or so". I`ll try and take a thermal reading today of 1400 rpms, 20 seconds on a junker hood and post up the temps.

Again.....this does not mean you will burn through paint. I have warped a pad trying to burn the paint and it would not burn through BUT I did seriously thin the paint as it took on a slightly cloudy appearance in the area.

Oh, while I don`t use 3M, I believe the glazed mentioned has fillers in it.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Who else found it funny that he started up the rotary, and some of the product would just fling off the pad? I wouldn`t let this guy near my car ever.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information