Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzydd
    i dont own a rotary so i wouldnt know, but is it possible not to burn the paint by using only light pressure?

Yes. 10 char limit.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Swirl remover..10 min". LOL This guy is a charmer.

I seriously hope that an Autopia BMW owner signs up and gently puts this guys false expectations to rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75987

This guy really irks me.

There are gonna be some pissed off BMW owners when they burn through their paint.

Seriously, read it thoroughly, this guy hasn`t a clue...

for some reason I can`t get on m5board.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t even get on their site now.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s still accessible. Maybe you`re ISP is having a routing problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    I thinkit was down it didn`t work for me but now it does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jeez!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realtycar of m5board.com - Today 04:12, Post #83
    VIDEO or Banned......I say Video coming...I have the video recorder and a black car coming tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. eastern time....it`s set....
    This guy isn`t even going to do this to his own car, rather subject someone else`s car to his stupid test?

Post Thanks / Like
    When you try to enroll you have to wait to be approved by the mods. You`re in a wait list. lol... EXCLUSIVE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyriiide1113
    When you try to enroll you have to wait to be approved by the mods. You`re in a wait list. lol... EXCLUSIVE!

Are you gonna set them straight ?

Post Thanks / Like
    No. I don`t plan on dealing with the OP. But I plan on following the direction of

Joshua312`s post

By the way: if anyone from the M5 forum is reading this, please....Join autopia and dont be afraid to ask questions as to how to properly detail your vehicle. We are in no way making fun of members on there who thought this guy was correct with his detail experience. Completely opposite we want to help you and save you from doing what this guy is praising. He is the one who we are bashing because of his ignorance... Please view the Click and Brag section to see what real detailers are using and their process along with pictures in the full sun. Any car can look good in the shade....I hope we encourage a few of you M5 members to join to give you real advise and help you make your car look great! Dont be fooled by this guy who thinks he knows everything...This thread wasnt started for the heck of it, it was because we as detailers hate to see when people pass out false information to others and tell them things that will harm their vehicle`s paint just because they think they know everything because they have the $$ to try out every product.

along with a few comments on his miracle product and swirl hiding oils...

But as for him, I can already tell he in narrow minded...

Amazing how he now claims Armor All wheel cleaner is the best and how he CHALLENGES anyone up against it.

He reminds me of a buddy in highschool that was real short and skinny, but no matter how many times he got knocked out, would challenge every varsity football player from oppsing teams to a slugmatch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha I didn`t even catch what he said at the end! He said he has an "appointment", meaning he is not doing his own car. Sleezy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tustah
    Haha I didn`t even catch what he said at the end! He said he has an "appointment", meaning he is not doing his own car. Sleezy!

Wish we could tip off the "client". Not only is that neglect, it`s abuse.

ebpcivicsi is absolutely right. Foam tends to form MORE heat than wool, which in many cases burns the paint down quickly if left on a certain area too long. Wool cuts quickerwhich tends to chew up paint edges and highpoints quickly. Either way, if you leave even a glaze on the same spot for 20 seconds at 1400 rpm, 95%+ of the time, you are burning through and if not, you are greatly diminishing the clear. I figured all of this fun stuff out during TRAINING with the rotary. Junk panels really test your skill and give a nice litmus test as to how much cutting a finish can take.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love people who think they`re experts, but really have no idea.

My favorite part was at first he was saying the video would be of him holding his rotary in place for 20 seconds. Then it was a video of him moving the buffer around a 6 inch area. Next post he`ll probably have decided to move it around the whole car.

My second favorite part was where he stated that he knew so much about detailing because his friend`s dad owned a body shop 10 years ago. My girlfriend`s dad is an orthodontist, but I`m not about to go around telling people how to put on braces.

I also thought it was pointless to compare the shine on the paint of two different brands (Lexus & BMW) of car. Just because they`re both black doesn`t mean they`re the same shade. Some blacks are metallic some are not. Not all black paint is created equal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    Wish we could tip off the "client". Not only is that neglect, it`s abuse.

ebpcivicsi is absolutely right. Foam tends to form MORE heat than wool, which in many cases burns the paint down quickly if left on a certain area too long. Wool cuts quickerwhich tends to chew up paint edges and highpoints quickly. Either way, if you leave even a glaze on the same spot for 20 seconds at 1400 rpm, 95%+ of the time, you are burning through and if not, you are greatly diminishing the clear. I figured all of this fun stuff out during TRAINING with the rotary. Junk panels really test your skill and give a nice litmus test as to how much cutting a finish can take.

pff, who trains with a rotary? Especially when you are using ten new burn proof polishes. They can`t burn paint guys!!! It`s all about the heat, but you can`t burn paint. You guys have no clue.

LOL....toolbag
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tustah

Well, this guy is probably too stupid to sign a contract absolving him of liability, so when he screws the customer`s paint up, he can get sued for a repaint. This is also my first post here, so hello all.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information