Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    His pics of that Escalade looks pretty good, but I`d much rather see that black Lexus again.

Can someone find a source to show him that the Lexus does NOT have a clearcoat, unless it was completely repainted.
    2003.5 Desert Platinum Infiniti G35 Sedan

Biweekly Routine---Wash: Foam gun + NXT Wash (Microfibers), then topped with #16 or OCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what? His followers are brainwashed already. Even if he does show full sun shots, he uses a glaze after, so any holograms left might not even show. Just let him do what he wants, let the ******* M5 owners who actually believe his bull**** f**k up their finish, and notice it 2-3 washes later and wonder why they have buffer trails and halos. And when they think they just need to redo the whole process they`ll wonder why they have clearcoat failure..

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting in way late on this thread, but form what I`ve read...I love it. let the bmW guys brn the hell out id thier paint. Just makes mine look even better. You all probably know that there is a relatively small group of people that really know how to care for their cars properly. I am happy to have found them here at autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Waste of my time. Sigh. I`d much go back to my Weekend Warrior detailing that`s "unprofessional" and without "Body Shop Training".

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I have to agree, let those M5 owners have to repaint their cars after drinking the Kool-ade.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tustah
    He hasn`t showed

shown.

Post Thanks / Like
    One good thing came out of this guy`s thread, I followed through Scottwax`s post on another board and registered here on autopia.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would challenge this guy to post this thread in his thread and let the members decide who is really right here. He keeps name dropping us "autopia" guys as if we can deffend ourselfs. Grant it, I really could care less if some1 mess`s up there paint. But his credibility is close to a sales man...hence my new name for him Mr. :beware

Copy and paste my friend... :welcome :angry

http://autopia.org/forum/newreply.ph...ote=1&p=753136

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should go back and re-read the crap that`s being posted here because you sound like a bunch of high school kids instead of professionals! The man did what he said he could do, and the results look pretty good. If his process and methods aren`t sound, then that should be explained without the personal attacks. Most people come here to learn from the pros, not to hear a bunch of kids complain about someone misspelling a word in their post. This thread should be closed as it is a black mark on the reputation of Autopia and the professionals who post here!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he was the one who started name calling if I`m not mistaken. Plus, I as a newb kind of took it at heart that he called a Porter Cable "crap for the man of the home to save time putting on wax". Not only that, but he`s saying that one should start off with a rotary? Even I with my limited knowledge and from what I`ve learned here know that a rotary should only be handled by someone who has experience. The advice he is giving is misinformation, hell, even some people in that thread have stated that rotarys should be left for those with experience. Additionally, I would question his experience because of the video he put up. He was using too much product AND then he says that the pad is black because it`s dirty? Looks like inexperience to me.

BTW, I`m glad I`ve known of this site for a few years There is vast knowledge at this site for those who seek it

Post Thanks / Like
    The one guy in the other thread said it best: everyone has too much credibility vested in this to every come to an agreement or to find the truth.

I know what I know. I also know that every miracle product and every deviation from common sense has faded into the noise while the basic principles have remained sound throughout. If someone wants to follow the deviation, more power to `em; if it doesn`t work, they`ll be back.

But remember, experiments like these will either reinforce what is known or expand what is known; EITHER result is good.

Let it go. If it is worthy, it will prevail, and if it isn`t, it won`t.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I mention it would sure be nice to be able to post something over there? I mean almost 3 days now and I still haven`t gotten the "OK" to post something, what does it take....an act of Congress? Male first born...?

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Did I mention it would sure be nice to be able to post something over there? I mean almost 3 days now and I still haven`t gotten the "OK" to post something, what does it take....an act of Congress? Male first born...?

Anthony
    It wouldn`t surprise me in the least if the mods on the M5 forum have been monitoring this thread and have a private conversation going on where they decided to hold off on approving new folks from here for fear of starting a flame war.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got this nice PM..and so it`s verified I took an image of my screen..I did send a message to a moderator however I rarely get a response when I do because Im sure they have a lot of messages to go through...but im sure Tort will see this thread because he`s pretty good of following them closely..or Prinz as well.

Is this guy ever going to get banned? Any mods PM me for further information if you need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see complaining about a bad dealer passing bad information on but, geez guys you don`t think this is the only guy out there do ya? Are we going to become the detailing police of the internet joining boards to monitor the information others put out there? I can see people who were already members of that board getting involved but, people from here joining the other board just to get involved in the debate is above and beyond. Personally I think this thread has lowered the credibility of Autopia several notches...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information