Post Thanks / Like
    How is everyone doing? Good, I hope. I`m not on your guys` and girls` (any girls here?) level of detailing know-how, so I need someone to help me out. Well, I`ve been using NXT as my lsp for 2 years now and haven`t had any problems with it. But today I read that it has some cleaners in it. Do cleaners take away some of the clear coat like polishes do, because if so, I will ditch the nxt, since I want to keep my clear coat intact. Even if NXT doesn`t affect the clear coat, I`ve still been thinking about going with something else. Well, for starters, I have a silver car and the paint is in very good condition, aside from the fact that it needs to be clayed. From what I`ve gathered here, P21S seems to be popular, but it seems that S100 is the basically the same product for half the price, right? Based on reviews and the amount I`m willing to spend, S100, UPP, and Poorboy`s EX-P seem to be good or better replacements for NXT. So if anyone can help me choose between those 3 or suggest something else, (and the best site to buy the product) it would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stuUNGAR
    How is everyone doing? Good, I hope. I`m not on your guys` and girls` (any girls here?) level of detailing know-how, so I need someone to help me out. Well, I`ve been using NXT as my lsp for 2 years now and haven`t had any problems with it. But today I read that it has some cleaners in it. Do cleaners take away some of the clear coat like polishes do, because if so, I will ditch the nxt, since I want to keep my clear coat intact. Even if NXT doesn`t affect the clear coat, I`ve still been thinking about going with something else. Well, for starters, I have a silver car and the paint is in very good condition, aside from the fact that it needs to be clayed. From what I`ve gathered here, P21S seems to be popular, but it seems that S100 is the basically the same product for half the price, right? Based on reviews and the amount I`m willing to spend, S100, UPP, and Poorboy`s EX-P seem to be good or better replacements for NXT. So if anyone can help me choose between those 3 or suggest something else, (and the best site to buy the product) it would be great.

Welcome to autopia,

To answer your question, No Nxt will not take off your clear coat, it does have some mild cleaners in it but that is only to assist in cleaning of the paint. One of the ways to take off your clear coat is to constantly buff and polish your paint using abrasives, i.e wetsanding or rubbing compounds etc.

Try using nxt and then top it off with s100(you can buy this at a Harley davidson shop), you will really like the results. I havent used poorboys prodcuts yet, but from what Ive read Id get poorboys ex and nattys blue..they seem to be a good combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats right, nxt would never wear off your clear coat , slight cleaners are nothing to concern you

Thread Information