Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a college student looking to make some extra cash by detailing some cars in my apartment complex. After I`m completely confident in my work, I`ll market towards the 3 million dollar houses next to my complex. I was thinking of charging $20 for wash & tires, and $25 for larger cars.

As far as claybar, polish, wax, not sure how much to charge.

Products I`m using are:

- Optimum No Rinse

- Clay Magic

- Optimum HC, C, P

- Jeff`s Werkstatt Prime Strong/Carnauba

- Jeff`s Werkstatt Carnauba Jett

- Optimum Car Wax

- Natty`s Blue

- Eagle One Wheel & Tire

- Poorboy`s Bold `N Brite/Wheel Sealant

- NXT Glass Cleaner

Of course, I`ll be quoting them upon seeing the condition of the vehicle. Is it reasonable to charge $10 for wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tustah
    I`m a college student looking to make some extra cash by detailing some cars in my apartment complex. After I`m completely confident in my work, I`ll market towards the 3 million dollar houses next to my complex. I was thinking of charging $20 for wash & tires, and $25 for larger cars.

As far as claybar, polish, wax, not sure how much to charge.

Products I`m using are:

- Optimum No Rinse

- Clay Magic

- Optimum HC, C, P

- Jeff`s Werkstatt Prime Strong/Carnauba

- Jeff`s Werkstatt Carnauba Jett

- Optimum Car Wax

- Natty`s Blue

- Eagle One Wheel & Tire

- Poorboy`s Bold `N Brite/Wheel Sealant

- NXT Glass Cleaner

Of course, I`ll be quoting them upon seeing the condition of the vehicle. Is it reasonable to charge $10 for wax?

:har:

I think you may be under charging quite a bit. If you are going to wash, clay, polish and wax... I think you should charging around $100.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking that most people will just want wash and maybe wax. If I were to do all that, I would definitely charge $100.

I`m thinking about charging more for more polishing work, but not quite sure how much to charge. Maybe $100 for light swirls and work my way up from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im on my way to college this coming year, Ive made quite a nice buisness out of detailing. I charge 160-180 for wash/clay/wash/polish/seal/wax....and than some if they want swirls removed (my clients dont care about swirls...excluding a few who actually LOVE their cars) :woot:

Dont be afraid...show off your work (take before pics along with afters) and explain your process till it makes them dizzy. Even go into depth about certain products till they think your a REAL professional :lol

Good luck man

-Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmom3
    Im on my way to college this coming year, Ive made quite a nice buisness out of detailing. I charge 160-180 for wash/clay/wash/polish/seal/wax....and than some if they want swirls removed (my clients dont care about swirls...excluding a few who actually LOVE their cars) :woot:

Dont be afraid...show off your work (take before pics along with afters) and explain your process till it makes them dizzy. Even go into depth about certain products till they think your a REAL professional :lol

Good luck man

-Andrew

All this is excluding interior? I`m not sure if anyone is willing to spend that much money to have their car done in my apartment complex. Nevertheless, I`ll give it a shot and see how things go.

I could easily advertise to the neighborhood next to my apartment complex, which has a golf course in it! Only problem is that I don`t know how to get inside, seeing they have 24/7 security personnel on hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tustah
    All this is excluding interior? I`m not sure if anyone is willing to spend that much money to have their car done in my apartment complex. Nevertheless, I`ll give it a shot and see how things go.

I could easily advertise to the neighborhood next to my apartment complex, which has a golf course in it! Only problem is that I don`t know how to get inside, seeing they have 24/7 security personnel on hand.
    Sorry, I never go in debth about interior cleaning...it seems like its just obvious (for me) ya, cleaning the carpets , conditioning leather and such...also degreasing engine . Thats my price for above :werd: :hifive:

Thread Information