Post Thanks / Like
    so I`ve noticed that sometimes when I buff after a machine polish with SSR2.5 and 1z PP that when I shut the machine off after my product has been worked in, it leaves a bit of a wet spot on the paint. If I try to buff this out, it leaves marring behind and I have to go over the spot again.

My temporary solution thusfar has been to dab at the area with my MF before polishing to take some of the wetness/extra product out.

Am I just using too much product and it`s soaking into the pad too much, or is this a common thing for you guys?

edit: to clarify, by wet spot, I mean with the SSR2.5, it leaves behind what looks like some less-broken-down polish, and with the PP, it literally just looks wet, so I know it`s broken down somewhat, looks like just some solvents that are probably carrying coarse abrasives sill?

also, to try to rectify this wet spot on one of the panels I worked the polish in VERY WELL, and it seemed to eventually dry out the pad but I got a huuuuge amount of dusting with the 2.5.

could it really just be that I need to work it in this far? it just seems excessive and I`m worrying about the dust marring during the buff, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW I`m using the VC pads, could this be the problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have experience with the 1Z but IMO yeah, you`re just using too much product. You want to find that magic point where it`s broken down sufficiently at the same time it`s almost flashed off ("dried") but not quite. Actually, working the PP a little too long, to where it`s pretty much dry, isn`t the huge issue it can be with other products. With all the oils and waxes in the PP you can work it for a long, long time. Just watch that it doesn`t cake up on your pads.

Off-hand, maybe you should just work a slightly larger area with that amount of polish.

The 1ZPP leaving marring tells me that your paint is sorta soft; maybe a follow up with a milder product would be beneficial. It might bring up a slightly better gloss (I use their MP for this reason) and could also take care of any light marring from stuff like you`re experiencing.

Post Thanks / Like
    well the PP doesn`t leave marring at all except in the situation I`ve described. Dry product doesn`t leave any marring when buffed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any pictures?
    :bump Take your time and do the job right the first time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by autoprecise1
    Do you have any pictures?

I`ll try to get some.

The marring is pretty light, nothing deep, and it seems to come out if I go over the area for just a couple more seconds with the polisher and buff it again carefully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by autobahn
    well the PP doesn`t leave marring at all except in the situation I`ve described. Dry product doesn`t leave any marring when buffed.

OK, then I`ll repeat that I`d just use less product or work a larger area or work it until it`s all dry.

IMO you could just replace all the "or"s in that sentence with "and"s A little PP can go a long way.

Thread Information