Thread: Layering Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 layers of mothers carnauba wax on my 97 Camry, and I just got my order of P21S. I am wondering if I should put the P21S over the mothers? Or if I should take the mothers off.

Also, I have heard that if you use Klasse AIO, you have to wait a day to apply your LSP. I have to park my car outside for the next couple of days. Is it ok for it to be "sitting" outside? I wonder because it will get the normal dust and sometimes morning dew on it.

Thanks for all your help

Post Thanks / Like
    You can apply P21S over *anything* without removing it or needing to wait. Just do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcthings
    I have 2 layers of mothers carnauba wax on my 97 Camry, and I just got my order of P21S. I am wondering if I should put the P21S over the mothers? Or if I should take the mothers off.

Also, I have heard that if you use Klasse AIO, you have to wait a day to apply your LSP. I have to park my car outside for the next couple of days. Is it ok for it to be "sitting" outside? I wonder because it will get the normal dust and sometimes morning dew on it.

Thanks for all your help

You heard incorrectly about the AIO, my friend. AIO can be topped immediately after wiping off.

My recommendation would be to remove the Mother`s with AIO (x2. WOWO each layer), then apply the P21S. P21S will look much better on a freshly AIO polished finish then over some old layer of Mothers.
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by docker

My recommendation would be to remove the Mother`s with AIO (x2. WOWO each layer), then apply the P21S. P21S will look much better on a freshly AIO polished finish then over some old layer of Mothers.

I agree. I use AIO as my paint prep/base coat for all my cars and have seen excellent durability with all the LSP`s that I have. These include those LSP`s where others have reported poor durability with when applied over non AIO prepped surfaces (mostly UPP). I believe that the AIO (or similar paint cleanser) is key to longevity of LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I don`t know where I heard about waiting for AIO, I must have mis understood. I`m confused with this:

"remove the Mother`s with AIO (x2. WOWO each layer)"

WOWO?

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOWO means Wipe On Wipe Off, right? Or am I mistaken?

Do you guys know if Mother`s Cleaner Wax is a good prep base for other waxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    WOWO means Wipe On Wipe Off, right? Or am I mistaken?

Do you guys know if Mother`s Cleaner Wax is a good prep base for other waxes?
    yes you are correct, the acronym for WOWO is wipe on wipe off

i don`t think mothers cleaner wax would make a good prep base for a sealant, but it may work well with a carnuba wax.

Thread Information