Thread: Paint touchup?

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to try and tackle some very small paint chips. Anyone know if there is a writeup on these boards that will guide me through the process? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a kit from www.touchup123.com - - I heard good reviews on it from corvette forums so I decided to give it a shot. I ordered it last week so it should be here soon...I`ll do a write-up with pictures when I recieve the kit to see if it actually works or not. A lot of people on here will probably refer you to the Langka system

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Joshua:

I recently used the Touchup-123 system and it does work well

I have a 1999 New Beetle (Techno Blue in colour) and my front end was marred with paint chips galore. I was quoted $1200 Cdn. for a new paint job for it (crazy but true) or $400 from another company to buff them out (i have no idea how they would`ve done all of them either).

So, for the cheap price of $50.00 Cdn. I ordered the product and applied it a couple of weeks back... needless to say, I was pretty impressed. Yes, it touches up small nicks/chips really, really well. For bigger ones, I`d suggest the old fashioned method of touch-up paint followed by wetsanding.

Your hood or whatever you decide to do will look great after using the touchup-123... not perfect but still pretty good. They don`t promise perfection, just a vast improvement

I will show you before and after pics if you want... no touching up with PhotoShop either... just honest to goodness pics of what my Beetle looks like now :2thumbs:

-Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dalethompson
    Joshua:

I will show you before and after pics if you want... no touching up with PhotoShop either... just honest to goodness pics of what my Beetle looks like now :2thumbs:

-Dale

I would love it if you posted some before and after pictures!! Thank you Dale!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I would love to see some pic`s of that touchup123 in action myself. I brought some last winter and for the life of me couldn`t get it to work like they said.

How do you apply/remove it?

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I applied it today and had great results..I used my own microfibers as I heard that if you use their towels it takes the product right back off...I am estatic with the results as from 2-3 feet away it looks 100% better and up close you can only see the large chips were filled in and the tiny ones are completely gone. My new puppy chewed a hole in my camera usb wire so I had to order another one...as soon as I recieve it in the mail I will post updated pictures of my garage progress and the touchup123 step by step pictures...If someone is debating whether to get this product...DO IT! I love the results for such an easy procedure.

Thread Information