Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve done some filthy interiors using not much more than my Bissel Little Green and a shop vac (for better extraction), but it`s painful on the hands and joints. On top of that, it requires a lot of repeat work on worse-off areas and requires a good bit of drying time if I really try to get it all out.

This interior is worse than any I`ve done before. I ended up going to Home Depot and buying a Husky 1800psi electric power washer (made in Italy, 3yr warranty) just to get the crap out of the floor mats. I`ve since been going crazy with the power washer, but the point is, this is way bad.

Should I just pull the carpets out and pressure wash `em or should I try to use the Little Green and shop vac in the car?

Some pics...

Floor mats before/after...

Driver`s side interior...

Console...

The car`s a 1998 Integra GS, my sister`s. I wonder if I should even bother... Or just get new carpets

Post Thanks / Like
    wow thats dirty.

yea, at this point, i`d go ahead and pick up some new floormats atleast. as for underneath, I have no idea what I would do with something like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used a pressure washer on carpets before and I am always amazed with how much more dirt comes out. Just be careful with the width of the spray and how close the nozzle is to the carpets. If the stream of water is too focused then it can really ruin the fibers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S Brake
    I`ve used a pressure washer on carpets before and I am always amazed with how much more dirt comes out. Just be careful with the width of the spray and how close the nozzle is to the carpets. If the stream of water is too focused then it can really ruin the fibers.

Yeah, I was using the fan spray mostly, but hit the driver`s side with the focused spray from a foot or two and really left some lines! I was able to mostly pull those back out with a small steel bristle brush.

Combined with some TOL wheel cleaner, this thing did a great job on her wheels, too. They`re pretty well gone - pitted, clearcoat peeling, etc, but they cleaned up great with the pressure washer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by animes2k

The car`s a 1998 Integra GS, my sister`s. I wonder if I should even bother... Or just get new carpets

I`d get a new sister. That thing is atrocious.. :laugh: :laugh:
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

Post Thanks / Like
    If you really want to get the interior carpet clean, you will have to pull the carpet. Remove it, place it on saw horses, spray carpet cleaner, scrub, PW, extract of place in sun to dry. Obvioulsy you will remove the pad from the carpet if possible.

This takes a little time, but you will not have to vacuum.

For the console, APC, denture brush, steamer, wipe with MF, and dress. That car is a wreck, good luck!!!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not that bad, use HP air with at least 130 psi put a rag over the top of what your spraying(with a cleaner as well) and it will all come out easy. follow up with a pre treat and extract.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a tetanus booster quickly. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    be sure to post up "after" pictures...should be quite drastic

Thread Information