Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, I understand that the green clay is super fine for regular use, and the gray is for more "regular" applications (like the 3-4 times a year claying). I guess I`m wondering when the shift from green to gray usage occurs. For example, I don`t clay that often. Usually once every 2-3 months or more often if I see a need for it. At this point, I think the Gray clay would probably be my best bet, primarily because I don`t clay that often and the sealants/LSP that I put on don`t really seem to last for an eternity. I have to reapply every month-month and a half or so anyway, so would it even be worth using the green clay? I mean, it won`t remove the LSP, but if I have to reapply the LSP every month or two anyway, is it worth it? Guess I`m just looking for opinions on what I should do. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Much as I love the Sonus Green, I think you oughta go with the gray. Even with my clay-centric approach, where I`m doing it all the time and not messing up my LSP, I have to reach for the Gray upon occasion. I can`t imagine the Green being aggressive enough for what you`ll be dealing with after a few months. IMO the Green is really just for gently cleaning the LSP.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s about what I though. Thanks Accumulator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m certainly not arguing here, and I haven`t used the Sonus gray recently, but the blurb at ACC says this about the green: "The polishing particle size in Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay is 29% finer than standard "consumer grade" detailing clay, yet it is just as effective at removing common paint contamination problems." That doesn`t sound like a huge difference (although it`s really being compared to "consumer grade" clay, which could be different from the gray.) :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    the blurb at ACC says this about the green: "The..Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay is ..just as effective at removing common paint contamination problems." That doesn`t sound like a huge difference ..

Perhaps it depends on the interpretation of "common paint contamination problems" :nixweiss Hope the powers that be don`t take this badly, but in my (fairly extensive) experience with the two clays the green is *NOT* "just as effective". It`s simply not. The good news is that it really is *that* mild (and that`s the bad news too).

Heh heh, I sure wouldn`t bother (actual sequence from a recent wash): stop what I`m doing, put down the green, dry off the soles of my boots, go upstairs to the storage room and get out a fresh bar of gray, come back downstairs, open it, tear off a chunk, put the rest in a clay box, and finally resume work... if I could just do the job with the blob of green that was already in my hand

Thread Information