Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if someone could give me some detailing recomendations. I normally just wash and wax my car, and about 3 months ago I claybarred it, and everyone tells me my car looks great, but when its in the sun and I look at it I can see swirl marks and light spider web-ish scratches. I was hoping that someone could give me a suggestion to help remove these swirls without purchasing a porter cable (I am a student with not a lot of money to spend on detailing). I was thinking about getting some of the Poorboys swirl mark remover, probably like the SSR1 or SSR2, but will it be a huge hassle to use this without a PC? THey are not the biggest swirls, but i notice then, would SSR2 be fine, or should I just go with the lighter SSR1? I was also just wondering if someone could recommend a good overall wax I could order when I order my Poorboys.

Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think that the SSRs` abrasives will break down well enough by hand. You should probably stick with Meguiar`s ScratchX, as it breaks down easily by hand. Doing the whole car by hand will be a major PITA though...no joke. :dig

There are a lot of great overall waxes and sealants out there, but the best choice depends on car color, metallic/solid, and what characteristics you most value out of a wax/sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    This isnt actually my car, but its the same make, model and color.

What do you think my best bet would be for taking out some light swirls on my whole car by hand.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    From recommendations that I`ve seen here and that I`ve gotten from online vendors, I would say SSR 1 and SSR 2.5 (in lieu of the 2). I debated between the SSR`s and Menzerna IP and FPII for a while and I gave in an got the Menzernas. I believe that SSR2.5 is slightly more abrasive than SSR2 & IP, but I think that they recommend SSR2.5 over 2 as that it will give you more flexibility and ability to tackle a larger range of paint defects (combined with appropriate applicators or pads). Like the previous poster recommended, I would recommend getting a PC. I just got one and it works great! No miracles, but MUCH easier to use than ScratchX by hand (which I to remove some water spotting in an area about 1` by 4` wide). It works well but does take a LOT of time and effort.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    take a trip to Big Lots and buy a $20 random orbit sander. Buy a couple velro backed pads at an auto paint store and your ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfattack
    What do you think my best bet would be for taking out some light swirls on my whole car by hand..

Only thing I`d even *think* about using on an entire vehicle by hand is 1Z Paint Polish.

Thread Information