Post Thanks / Like
    Well I believe it! Used Collinite 476S for the first time last night then thought I would "wash up" my applicator ready for the next job. I ran it under the tap first - nice beading! Then I hit it with some strong dishwash soap/detergent and soaked it in the mixture overnight. When I checked it thismorning it was still repelling water and none of the wax had shifted - a quick rub of my hands and they were beading water nicely!

Can`t wait to see the car when it rains! :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i noticed i couldnt clean my applicator...wonder collinite has a suggestion for cleaning em

Post Thanks / Like
    you`ll probably have to use some type of solvent to break up the wax then wash it to remove any traces of the solvent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Soak the app in alcohol for a while...should dissolve any wax/polymer content. Then rerinse with a detergent.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Next time, just clean it out more before the wax sets up. Dawn and hot water work OK for me if I really work the Dawn in, and I don`t mind if a little wax doesn`t come out. It doesn`t dry hard and cause marring, if that`s what you`re thinking.

The hotter the water the better, and you gotta really *knead*/*squeeze* the pad to get the emulsified wax out of it. Heh heh, I use the amount of residual wax as a cue in evaluating how much wax I used- if it doesn`t clean up in a minute or so I know I used way too much. Usually, by the time I finish the car none of my pads (hand or machine pads) have an appreciable amount of wax left in/on them.

Recently, I`ve been using some stuff from TOL called "Removes All" (or something like that) that works really well as a pad cleaner, or at least it works better than Dawn.

But then when it comes to the little yellow foam applicators, there`s a limit to how much effort I`d put into cleaning something that costs so little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    stuff from TOL called "Removes All"

Do you have a link? I`m unable to find it and I can`t pass up a good TOL product recommendation!

Thread Information