Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    RX-7Fan I meant superior in that WOWO was the easiest method of application/removal and I have not noticed any reduction in durability using WOWO.

The Klasse twins have been around a long time and are a great value (cost per application - especially considering the longevity). Even the people that don`t care for SG`s look or the application process almost all agree that AIO is terrific as a base for most any other wax/sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a long time fan of the Klasse twins. However, yesterday I found that Jeff`s Jett worked easier than SG. I applied AIO as usual. Then, I had the second generation Jett laying around and thought I would try it. This is the version that is either applied with the traditional method of applicator pad, or, with the sprayer attached, as a wowo similar to a QD. I was able to apply three coats in one day using Jett because it will cure in about an hour. The last coat should remain untouched for 24 hours before putting anything else on, such as a QD. SG in contrast, requires at least 12 hours between coats and the car should not be driven or left in the open during these periods.

Both SG and Jett look the same on my billit silver Honda Ridgeline truck. I am looking forward to trying Trigger now as I understand it is even easier than the second generation Jett. Will I do away with SG? Well, it all depends on the durability issue. If Jett does not last as long, I will return to SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you use the AIO, should you be rubbing it on in circles? How about with the SG? I would imagine that the AIO, being a cleaner, needs some force to work properly. But does the SG need any force?

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the car today-----white Subaru Forester-6 weeks old. Things went really well considering this was my first detail using a PC and some of the more premium-type products. The PC is a snap to use BTW.

*wash-PB SSS w/foam gun

*clay-had to get an OTC-used Meguiars and it was my first clay job. got er done in 40 min.

*Klasse AIO applied by PC and combo MF bonnet and towel wipe off-about 1-1/2 hrs.

*Klasse SG applied by hand with MF pad, used WOWO method with MF-about 1 hr.

Results look very good, but hard to tell for sure in garage. My wife was very pleased (her car).

Finished detail on wheels, wheel wells, door jambs, etc. Did entire interior w/protectant, stoner on the glass, vacuum, etc. I`ll add 2 more coats of SG in the next 2 weeks.

Total time spent about 6 hrs.

Thanks everyone for all your tips----it was a big help and made this job go quite smoothly.

Next up, my VW GTI-Red-also new. I`m going with clay, PB PWC, and EX sealant as the paint on this one is in nearly perfect condition. I`ll probably top with a couple layers of Nattys Blue after 2-3 coats of the EX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minjin
    When you use the AIO, should you be rubbing it on in circles? How about with the SG? I would imagine that the AIO, being a cleaner, needs some force to work properly. But does the SG need any force?

Mark

I never rub anything in circles. Straight back and forth no matter what I am applying. I don`t think you need "force" for any of these products, including AIO. Just a firm back and forth should do it; "scrubbing" is not requried.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read alot about the oily film and hazing if you use QD to wipe off the SG when it gets to "cakey", and I was wondering if I do a second layer WOWO will it still do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread. I did the following regiment last night (first time WOWO-er) and took some pics with the results. Cant wait to do the 2nd and third coats to compare results.

1) Meg`s DC CW 1st Round

2) Meg`s DC CW 2nd Round with Meg`s Detailing Clay

3) AIO with W8006 - buff off with MF bonnet

4) HGSG - WOWO method panel-by-panel with no waiting time

Super bright and sunny day. Perfect for photo taking

Test Shot. 10am

Some other shots

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shortspark
    I have been a long time fan of the Klasse twins. However, yesterday I found that Jeff`s Jett worked easier than SG. I applied AIO as usual. Then, I had the second generation Jett laying around and thought I would try it. This is the version that is either applied with the traditional method of applicator pad, or, with the sprayer attached, as a wowo similar to a QD. I was able to apply three coats in one day using Jett because it will cure in about an hour. The last coat should remain untouched for 24 hours before putting anything else on, such as a QD. SG in contrast, requires at least 12 hours between coats and the car should not be driven or left in the open during these periods.

Both SG and Jett look the same on my billit silver Honda Ridgeline truck. I am looking forward to trying Trigger now as I understand it is even easier than the second generation Jett. Will I do away with SG? Well, it all depends on the durability issue. If Jett does not last as long, I will return to SG.

Please keep us updated on Jett`s durability. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sWISHbrade
    Please keep us updated on Jett`s durability. Thanks

Yes, I plan on doing that. But you know, I have been doing the AIO/SG thing every six months (this time I tried Jett). Even after six months the truck does not look like it needs a thing. I wash it every week, even if it is clean. I keep it in the garage every night and it seldom ventures out in the rain (of course it never rains here in Texas!!). But being in Texas and not keeping the truck in the sun is a good thing because there is no snow, sand, salt, etc. Also, because I am retired, I don`t need to take it out to go to work and it stays indoors most of the day as well as the night. Basically, I have a garage queen. Plus, I QD often and put stuff on like Wolfgang`s Sealant Spritz and Menzerna`s HGAS about once a week. These are almost LSPs in their own right.

What I`m saying is that in my situation and the billit silver color I have, I`m now wondering if I can really determine the "durability" of Jett (or SG for that matter). I always put so much other stuff on that it is constantly protected and the finish is being rejuvenated, ditto the gloss enhancements. I might start a thread about what really determines "durability" just to see what people say about this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shortspark
    Plus, I QD often and put stuff on like Wolfgang`s Sealant Spritz and Menzerna`s HGAS about once a week. These are almost LSPs in their own right.

Regarding WG Spritz----I have a full bottle and was wondering how it might work as a shine maintenance over Natty`s Blue on a red car, as well as on a white car over Klasse SG?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information