Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. I am an absolute novice at the detailing thing, and I have a question regarding my daughter’s black Mazda 929. Besides having horribly oxidized paint on the roof, peeling on the two front doors, a filthy interior and more, the wheels have caked on dirt that won’t come off after 3 scrubbings with Eagle One Tire and Wheel Cleaner. Is there anything else that I could use, or do I need to get a stiffer brush (the one I’m using is kinda old and well-worn) and just scrub like crazy?

Also, any suggestions on trying to bring this sad old dog back to life? I would like to practice on it, since I just got my new PC and pads, along with Megs #83, AIO, PB S&S along with other glazes and waxes. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    You can try an acid based cleaner like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...nce&n=15684181

But becareful its tough stuff. I have also used Stoners Tarminator on tough brake dust and had good results.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I need to use an acid based cleaner I have a bottle of orange lightning I got from pepboys. It works miracles on rims which are seemingly completely gone. Just be careful and dont let it sit on the rim too long. Also wear some sort of eye protection because if you spray and mist gets in your face itll burn you eye incredibly bad. (ask me how I know this )

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably need a wheel acid. Put a post up in the trading post and see if someone will send you one of the following, since you can`t get the first two in less than a gallon size and the 3rd in less than a quart:

Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener

Eagle 1 Acid

Poorboy`s S&R

You`ll want to dilute the brightener 3:1, I think the Eagle one acid is 1:1 with water, and you can use S&R straight.

If no one will trade you, buy a quart of the Spray + Rinse. You won`t regret it.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information