Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I have a 2005 mazda tribute with leather seats. I called Mazda to confirm that the seats where coated and not topped with vinyl like the ford seats. Mazda confirmed this so I went ahead and ordered the Sonus leather care bundle. The cleaner worked great removing lots of unseen dirt. Probaly unseen since my seats are dark grey. I applied the cleaner to a small area of the seat waite a couple of seconds then wipped off. I then waited about an hour before I applied the conditioner. This is where I had problems, I don`t know if I put to much on or not enough. The seats now look more wrinklled and by wrinkled I mean the seats are wrinkled not cracked. I bought the car this year in Feb. and assume that they did a full detial. It`s been three months and its starting to warm up now so I decided it was time to clean and condition the leather. I don`t know if I applied it to soon and the leather is now over conditioned if thats possible or my technique is wrong. I followed the insturctions on both bottles and was wondering if there is a diffrent way to do it to avoid this problem. The directions said to clean, apply to a small area and wipe off before it dries. Allow to dry for 30mins then apply the conditioner. Do not wipe off the conditioner and allow it to dry for 15mins. If this is wrong or u have any suggestions let me know.

Thanks,

MWE

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Mazda to confirm that the seats where coated and not topped with vinyl like the ford seats. Mazda confirmed this
    I`m confused by this statement. Coated seats are topped with vinyl. Just the thickness differs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe2121
    I applied the cleaner to a small area of the seat waite a couple of seconds then wipped off. I then waited about an hour before I applied the conditioner. This is where I had problems, I don`t know if I put to much on or not enough.

First of all, you should have used the applicator pad that came with the bundle. What you should have done was add some cleaner to the yellow side and then rub the leather until it starts to foam then wipe off.

There is no wait time between cleaner and conditioner, atleast that i know of.

Post Thanks / Like
    To answer the first reply, that was what mazda told me. I was also confused by this statement and thought it was just me. So maybe they do have a thick vynil coating on top and Mazda is just full of it. If this is so then maybe that was what my problem is. Does anybody know?

As for the second reply I did use the yellow side to apply the cleaner and the black side to apply the conditioner however I didn`t rub the cleaner in untill it foamed. Maybe I didn`t use enough of the cleaner. How much should I use? I just rubbed it in untill I could see it building up on the seat. It says on the bottle to waite 30mins before applying the conditioner after cleaning. How much conditioner should I use?

Thanks,

MWE

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to use enough conditioner to cover the seats and not see any streaks. A little goes a long way with the conditioner.

Thread Information