Post Thanks / Like
    I ve been waxing my car twice a week or once at times for the past few months. I ve been using the wax formula 1 carnuba or in the US its called KIT. I know its a low end wax but it works wonders on my car no idea why. My question here is, is it a safe wax to use very often? will it effet the clearcoat? should i go for a different brand such as meguairs? If so which Meguairs will be great for often use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Get some quick detailing spray and use that twice a week. You really don`t need to be waxing that often.
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn`t *need* to be waxed that often, but as long as you have good technique and supplies, it shouldn`t hurt anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bhr
    I ve been waxing my car twice a week or once at times for the past few months. I ve been using the wax formula 1 carnuba or in the US its called KIT. I know its a low end wax but it works wonders on my car no idea why. My question here is, is it a safe wax to use very often? will it effet the clearcoat? should i go for a different brand such as meguairs? If so which Meguairs will be great for often use?

I would suggest using a non cleaner type wax if you`re waxing that often. S100, that can be found at a Harley Davidson stores is an excellent wax and very easy on off. For a local auto parts wax, I would suggest Meguairs NXT. It has some cleaners in it, but they are very mild and more than likely will produce a better shine than the Kit wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest utilizing other products on the market, like a spray/booster wax and some QD so you can maintain the just-waxed shine without actually having to wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments.. Waxing is not a problem for me but it just worries me if it will remove my clearcoat eventually. But is the kit wax safe to use? I mean is it pure carnauba? I ve tried NXT its good but i just dont know why the Kit does the job better than the others...

Post Thanks / Like
    well find out if this kit wax has any abrasives/cleaners in it...as long as its a pure wax you wont wear down the clear coat. im all honesty your just wasting product though, use a qd every week and wax less often

Post Thanks / Like
    BHR- I`d be utterly astounded if the KIT contained any significant abrasives.

Test it on a CD with something known to be CD-safe (like a very soft MF). I`m certain it`ll test out OK.

If you like the KIT, and you like applying it so often, then there`s no problem doing what you`re doing. Every now and then you might oughta clean off any wax build-up with a paint cleaner of some kind, but otherwise no worries.

A quote from a paint chemist at PPG, that`s often repeated by a guy at Meguiar`s: "Find something you like and use it often". You`ve done that, you`re doing that :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    twice a week is probably much more waxing than is neccesary. As others have said, you may want to try using a quick detailer instead between waxes. They work great and if anything tend to make the wax shine even more. As far as the wax you use, everyone has different taste as far as to the look they like from a wax. Once you find one you like, stick with it. Kit has been around for a long time so imagine there wax is just fine.
    If it ain`t broke, fix it till it is!

Thread Information