Post Thanks / Like
    This is an amazing site/forum/organization. My question involved an upcoming purchase. I likely will be purchasing a 2005 or 2006 Lincoln Navigator. The color is listed as "Light French Silk" - to me, it appears beige or tan (although I am "colorblind"). Questions are:

1. Any requests or (demands) i should make with the dealer prior to purchase?

2. What would be the recommended steps to optimize the paint? (both vehicles have

less than 9,000 miles)

3. What would be the best products to use on that color?

Thanks for your help to anyone that responds.

Andy B

Pineville, LA :think:

I tried to insert photo but file too large. This is a link if you wish to see the color. Thanks again.

http://www.autobase.com/cgi/info.exe?bc=2067876

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d give thought to how you`re gonna work on them, and not worry much about the color (after all, clearcoat is clearcoat). Big SUVs are always a challenge if only because they involve a lot of work due to their size.

I use a pair of work platforms, one on each side, to do the roof/etc. I use THESE but there are smaller/cheaper alternatives.

I would tell the dealer to *NOT* "detail" them as dealerships usually do a terrible job and make things worse.

I`d get a PC or a Cyclo and use user-friendly products. I`d probably get some 1Z Paint Polish and top with Collinite 845 IW.

I`d worry less about trying to making things optimal and more about doing something reasonable that you`ll be able to stick with month-in month-out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I`d give thought to how you`re gonna work on them, and not worry much about the color (after all, clearcoat is clearcoat). Big SUVs are always a challenge if only because they involve a lot of work due to their size.

I use a pair of work platforms, one on each side, to do the roof/etc. I use THESE but there are smaller/cheaper alternatives.

I would tell the dealer to *NOT* "detail" them as dealerships usually do a terrible job and make things worse.

I`d get a PC or a Cyclo and use user-friendly products. I`d probably get some 1Z Paint Polish and top with Collinite 845 IW.

I`d worry less about trying to making things optimal and more about doing something reasonable that you`ll be able to stick with month-in month-out.

I echo Accu. Do whatever you do, DON`T let the dealer detail the vehicle, not even wipe it down !!

Thread Information