Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve worked on a number of well maintained cars, but lately I`ve been getting a lot of poorly maintained (mommy mobiles). I prefer to use my PC (more experience/comfort)but I will take out the rotary on very difficult jobs. I`ve found that even with my rotary (1500 rpm), cutting pad, and PB 2.5 the swirls are still visible. It could be technique, but I keep it flat, no pressure, and move slow. Is it time for some stronger stuff? If so, what is an easy one to work with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s what I`m looking at: Hi Temp Heavy and Extreme; Optimum Polish and Compound; and Menzerna Power Gloss

Post Thanks / Like
    PowerGloss is a good pick, Optimum is a little on the weak side (even the Hyper compound, compared to PG and HTEC). Extreme cut leveler is great, but a little hard to work with. Next week I`m going to try mixing Optimum Hyper and Hi Temp Extreme, I think it`ll work out great but I`ll get back to you on that.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I also think OC and OHC are kind of weak; though it`s nowhere near the most aggressive available, I find Einszett Extra Paintwork Cleanser to work well on all but the most badly swirled/scratched paint. It`s also easy to work in and remove. It`s similar to 1Z PP in it`s characteristics, but is actually "thinner" and easier to spread (though PP probably can be worked longer).

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read good reviews on the HI-temp heavy cut compound

Post Thanks / Like
    Worked long enough and with the right pad combo I find Optimum to be the easiest and best working swirl and defect removers. They have no filler sand great lubricity and even with a PC, they get everything out of our Audi`s and VW`s which are known for seriously hard paint. I don`t think OP finshes the best after OC or OHC, so i would recommend DACP or Menzerna FPI or II to follow them up but then again OP is not bad either....just takes a while to get to the clarity of FP and after a couple of hours compunding it`s time to get the job done fast. my vote goes to Optimum..I use it on my cars and my clients all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MachB5
    I don`t think OP finshes the best after OC or OHC, so i would recommend DACP or Menzerna FPI or II to follow them up but then again OP is not bad either....just takes a while to get to the clarity of FP and after a couple of hours compunding it`s time to get the job done fast. my vote goes to Optimum..I use it on my cars and my clients all the time.

Are you sure in your recommendation of DACP to follow OC? It`s actually more abrasive in my experience. Finishing with FPII is spot on. :xyxthumbs
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m guessing PowerGloss and HT Heavy and Extreme are the way to go. How difficult are HT compounds to work with?

OC, OHC, and OP are not as agressive but can do the job with time and proper pads.

I`ll have to read up on Einszett.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Are you sure in your recommendation of DACP to follow OC? It`s actually more abrasive in my experience. Finishing with FPII is spot on. :xyxthumbs

I would suggest DACP after OC only b/c of the oils I think OC may leave behind. Used with a finishing pad, it finishes nicely and focuses more on the "cleaner" aspect. Still I`d go with FP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not just go with the more aggressive product(DACP) first and then finish with the FP?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twopu
    So I`m guessing PowerGloss and HT Heavy and Extreme are the way to go. How difficult are HT compounds to work with?

OC, OHC, and OP are not as agressive but can do the job with time and proper pads.

I`ll have to read up on Einszett.

Pretty much. I don`t like working with PG. In fact I traded GSRstilez for some OHC a few weeks ago. But the fact is (what I have found) is that the diff with OHC and PG is the same as between a Mustang (OHC) and a Supercharged Mustang (PG)--it`s all about how fast you want to get to the finish.

I`ve never used HT products, but I have read that the HTHC gums up quite a bit and is a bear to remove?

Just to dispell my own prejudices, I`ve ordered a new bottle of PG and a new one of P0106FF. I`m ready to try my own PG/PHC show down :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Why not just go with the more aggressive product(DACP) first and then finish with the FP?

:nixweiss I`m not sure. Poor planning prevented me the last time. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    How is PowerGloss to work with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Powergloss is a very good rotary compound. Clean your pad after every 2 X 2 and don`t use too much product. Work it well and you will just need to finish up with a light polish such as FPII. *I* wouldn`t bother using it with the PC but it does work very well by Cyclo.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I love PowerGloss, and just from my experience, using moderate to little pressure with the rotary helps a lot. Just takes getting used to that technique, just be more careful doing so.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information