Hi everyone!

I read through many posts and the detailing guide to bring my infiniti i30 back to its original state. I shampooed carpets (using the APC, oxyclean, and hot water mixture you guys recommended), cleaned door panels with APC and a brush, and cleaned/conditioned the leather with Zymol`s products (and Woolite too). Its my first car and the previous owner didnt exactly take care of it well cosmetically. Enough of my bio now...

The paint is horrendous to look at now. Swirls like you wouldnt believe...all from buffing from the previous owner. I have two questions:

1. not exactly sure how to fix this...it seems to be the paint was burnt b/c of overbuffing. Heres some pics...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...t/P1010039.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...t/d313a871.jpg

The thing in question is the dull area in the paint. Its pretty dirty now, as the car sits outside and we just had a pretty bad rainstorm here in los angeles. Any ideas on how to fix this with OTC products? Products recommended on this forum seem to be available online only and theyre pretty expensive for a poor college student. (heck, my christmas present is hopefully the entire set of zaino products)And everything will be done by hand as the PC is a little out of my budget.

2. Which products should i get to wash and clean the paint, polish the swirls out, keep its shine, and protect it from the outside elements (i.e. waxes/sealants)?

Again, I was hoping for OTC products rather than the expensive online ones (unless you could prove me wrong on the pricing). Right now, I got some Meguiars Gold Class car wash, Turtle Wax Carnauba Car Wax, MF towels from costco, and Terry cloth applicator pads from target. I still have to get some clay (other than that, Im clueless on what im supposed to get....too many companies to choose from!)

Ill take some pics of the outside paint when i get it washed (hopefully tomorrow)...a lotta homework to catch up on before monday. Thanks a lot for your inputs and for making this forum such a great place to read up on detailing cars. :clap: